Automatic-Systomatic Honda CVT Sportbike

JohnP

3rd Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just released, the Honda DN-01, a "sportbike" with a Continuously Variable Automatic Transmission!

DN-01.jpg

-John

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
looks like it belongs in one of those futuristic movies.... only thing is it needs a jet engine instead of wheels...

JohnP

3rd Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm pretty sure they are going after the 250-500cc scooter crowd with the CVT and 27" seat height. The 680cc v-twin should pull hard, but at 595lbs it probably doesn't accelerate any faster then the FZ6.

-John

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
I think it looks horrid. That exhaust is ridiculous and the front looks like it got squished from above, it does kinda look like a shark, and the floor boards, seriously? :thumbdown::thumbdown:

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
That's a "sportbike"?! With low seat, forward foot controls, and floorboards, it looks like a fully faired cruiser. Interesting idea, but it will never catch on (except in Japan, where much weirder things routinely catch on). You would like like an idiot riding it, with your feet so far forward.

D

D-Rock

That's a \"sportbike\"?! With low seat, forward foot controls, and floorboards, it looks like a fully faired cruiser. Interesting idea, but it will never catch on (except in Japan, where much weirder things routinely catch on). You would like like an idiot riding it, with your feet so far forward.

that sumed it up for me.. those floor boards are hilarious!

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
So what are you supposed to wear when riding it?
* If it's a cruiser, little tin skullcap and a leather vest.
* If a sport bike, full leathers.
* If a scooter, your business suit with a helmet.
They would all look ridiculous.

Scab

Nobody special
Reaction score
Visit site
My wife has been eye-balling that thing since it was a concept bike. Now it's finally here, and this is the price? Oh, well. Pass.