At DefyInertia's Request, I'm oso2k

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
Most of this has cut-n-pasted from an SBN thread. BTW, I'm also the Unofficial Maintainer for the SBN Unofficial FZ6 Compatibility Chart.

My name is Louis and I'm the Blue Power Ranger!
img-12.jpg

Actually, I'm a 28 year old Application Developer at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, CA (a Federally Funded Space Research and Development Center; in other words, a "NASA" Center). I started at The Lab 6 months before I got my BS in Computer Science at Cal State University, Los Angeles at the end of 2002 and have now been here for 5 and a half years. I was born in Pasadena, CA and grew up nearby in an area in East Los Angeles called El Sereno. I moved to Pasadena 3 years ago (only 12 miles from my parent's place in LA) and recently had to relocate to Altadena (2 miles from my old place near the Rose Bowl).

I've never been married but I have a wife, 3 kids, and a carriage (2005 Toyota Tundra Access Cab TRD 4WD, 2005 Yamaha FZ6, 2005 Honda TRX 450R, 2007 Yamaha R6S, and a 5'x8' trailer).
Toys.jpg

I also have a girlfriend who I've been with for almost a year now. I finally got her to take the MSF course (she's been signed up & paid for, for 8 months now; she did the classroom part in Woodland Hills last Sunday and has the next two Sundays occupied by the hands-on training). We found her a starter bike at PepBoys of all places (a BajaMotorsports Baja 250, aka BV 250).
l_03e26a88e2df054ca37169ef393d925c.jpg

The FZ6 was my first bike and I'm in the process of converting it to a fully tricked out track bike. I'm ~$5000 into it and nearly complete.
138098d1190321710t-fz6-r-project-track-bike-100_2336.jpg

Besides riding street, dirt, and track, I also play a lot of sports. In high school, I played catcher on my JV and Varsity teams. These days, I play softball on Monday nights (either in my competitive Men's League, or my work league), I'm busy starting a financial planning and advisement business during my weekday evenings, I sometimes play in a competitive Mens League Flag Football on Saturdays, and I play in a competitive Men's Baseball League on Sundays. When I get the opportunity, I enjoy cooking, camping, playing Computer Games (FPS, RTS, RPG), PS2, GameCube, Dreamcast, or Wii.

Last edited:

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there... WELCOME TO THE SITE!!! glad to have you here...

:Sport:
Dennis

S

sportrider

bonus points to Defyinertia!!!

Welcome Aboard!!! Glad to have you here:thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Haha, Welcome Louis. I can vouch for this guy...he's got tons of FZ6 info. and is much easier to get along with than I am...lol

Sportrider_fz6, that's the second time you butchered my name...the first was in your youtube video. Third strike and you're out so be careful.
________
Medical marijuana card

Last edited:

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you all for the warm welcomes. And if you you got any info to contribute to the Unofficial FZ6 Compatibility Chart, please send it my way. Currently looking for Euro & Asia color info, and info about what parts from 07-08s fit 04-06s (someone said mirrors might be). And hopefully I can get DefyInertia to do that "07+ FZ6 swing arm to 04-06 FZ6 Mod" write up.