All Balls stearing head bearings

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Guys,

Wound up with 2 sets of these. They are brand new and only removed from the box to take pics. I'd like to get $20 shipped in the US for them

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
these are pretty sweet. had a set put in couple weeks ago. it is a good mechanical upgrade over stock. won't see it or anything flashy, but in my book mechanical upgrades are great things to do.

i think i paid like 70 or 80 for mine but i forget.

just thought id share, lol.

*ducks away*

Curtis

Reaction score
Visit site
Can someone with one of these kits post all the numbers, codes, & manufacturer name from each bearing and seal. I'm really curious what brand they are, and with the numbers/codes I should be able to get them locally from my bearing supplier.

Cheers,
Curtis

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
it all comes as part of one kit. just a note for installation:

dont throw away or damage the stuff from the bearings as you take them out. some part of it doesnt fit right and needs the old one re-used. i forget what but thats what bd43 mentioned in his how-to thread and i passed that on to the people who installed mine and everything went fine with installation.

go to motorcycle-superstore.com and search for yamaha fz6 parts then search out the all balls.

Curtis

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm asking about the All Balls kit because I don't want to buy the All Balls kit unless I know the bearings are made by a reputable manufacturer. All Balls does not make bearings, they just repackage and sell bearings made by someone else - same for Yamaha or any other vehicle manufacturer. SKF, KYK, NSK, Timken, and Koyo are a few of the reputable bearing manufacturers - there are lots of Chinese bearings being repackaged and sold as OEM replacements, and they tend to be crap. With the numbers/codes from a bearing or seal a bearing supply house can usually cross-reference one manufacturer to another.

If the All Balls kit uses good bearings, the price looks great, and I will order. However, the price is what makes me worry that they are using bearings from China... BTW - if there is no manufacturer name on the bearings, it is usually because the manufacturer would prefer to remain unknown.

Cheers,
Curtis

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
curtis you need to relax

:p

the logo is so cool and everyone that knows about bikes told me to get them. so i got them. :D

motopete

Reaction score
Visit site
Just out of curiosity I just did some reserch on all the "reputable bearing manufacturers"that were listed. As I thought, everyone of them has factories all over the world including China, Korea, and India. So unless you can choose which factory your bearings are made at ya kinda get what you get. Yamaha has factories in China as well, as does Harley Davidson, the big three American auto manufacturers and any other big comany looking to make money. So we are going to have to just deal with it.
No disrespect ment Curtis.

Curtis

Reaction score
Visit site
motopete, I expect you are right - I know at least some of them have factories in China. My concern is with the unbranded or Chinese name branded stuff - they may be fine, but I've spent enough time with farm equipment to know that discount Chinese bearings often don't last as long as the name brands I listed.

The point is that I want quality, and I generally expect to pay $15 to $20 for a tapered bearing the size of a steering head bearing. $35 or so for two bearings and two seals, sounds cheep to me.

Since I like the idea of tapered bearings, OEM is out (my OEM wheel bearings are MTM, made in India, but known to be good quality).

Cheers,
Curtis

motopete

Reaction score
Visit site
I totally understand and relate to your drive for quality. I too use a lot of bearings at work. From what I have read online All Balls use KML bearings. When I recieve my set in a week or so I'll post the brand and bearing numbers.