alarm for bike

fz6nick

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Visit site
Im looking to install an alarm for my FZ. They are basically non-existant here in SO IL. Anyone have one of them that when you walk up they beep or something. Any recommendations for brands?

Nick

swerve9031

Reaction score
Visit site
Nick, Hi from Dear ole England.

I am in the same position, I am looking to get an alarm for my 2006 FZ6, I think I am going to have one from DATATOOL
Because my FZ6 already has an immobiliser, I guess the US versions do as well, you don't need a full alarm system just an upgrade. ( It costs the same though... typical )

Not sure if Datatool are worldwide, but they have some cool kit including a gizmo that will send you a Text Message if your bike moves when the alarm is set!

Peter

sideslider

Reaction score
Visit site
I saw an add for an awsome one in this months issue of 2wheel tuner.

you put the little remote in your pocket and it sets and disables the alarm automatically when you approach or walk away from the bike.

It has a huge range and can page you when someone/thing is close to your bike, moves it or anything... I will find the add and post the site for everyones viewing pleasure.

H

HavBlue

I have an alarm, it's called Smith and Wesson. Very effective at a much greater range to...he,he

sideslider

Reaction score
Visit site
I have an alarm, it's called Smith and Wesson. Very effective at a much greater range to...he,he

as do I... but if you want an alarm for when you're not near your bike (as I promised earlier) check this one out Scorpio Alarms » SR-i900

not sure that this is the best option for the budget minded but it sure sounds cool.

*edit: well except that they dont offer a wiring harness for my 04 :(

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a disc lock with an alarm in it.

If you get one make sure you have an alarm on it because when you forget to take them off and try to ride away, you fall over.

Ask how I know !!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Scorpio i500. The i900 sounds like the latest/newest and it probably has an accompanying transceiver (the keyfob that you carry in your pocket) that has a convenient rechargeable capability. Mine doesn't so I use one lithium AAA battery and it lasts a long time (probably 2 months?) I picked mine up through "motoaccessories" on ebay. It has tilt, vibration, perimeter, anti-hijack, ignition tamper, and anoither feature (backup battery) that activates if wires are cut. It's two-way FM and you can program a myraid of options. 1/2 mile range is an exageration (probably only under IDEAL conditions) but it's still pretty decent range. I can turn on/off the alarm while I'm in my bedroom and the bike is in a detached garage. But, don't expect your keyfob to vibrate and/or sound off if you're say, well inside a Walmart store and your bike is outside, only the bike alarm will squeel. I installed it myself. Best FM reception if you extend the attenae wire and route it also up the front faring. DIY: around $300. The permiter sensor is nice and has already generated a chuckle from a co-worker who walked once near the bike.

Last edited:

white&red

Reaction score
Visit site
I just bought this proof of Chinese genius on Ebay ( MOTORBIKE MOTORCYCLE BIKE ALARM & IMMOBILISER 2008 on eBay, also Electrical Security, Accessories, Motorcycle Parts Accessories, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 28-Jul-08 11:59:47 BST) ). Naturally I don't believe in the 5000m range bull$£%t but I am hoping all the other functions do work.

Any idea where I could find instructions on how to install it on a 2008 FZ6 S2? Anybody tried before?

What do you think about the alarm? Any suggestions?

Regards
TJ

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had the LoJack Early Warning System installed at the stealership. Bascially it is a silent alarm where if your bike is being moved without the key-pass present, you are notified.
I registered my email, home number, cell phone, and work number, so that all these locations get notified at the same time in the event the bike is moved. You can then call the police and a tracking beacon will be activated, allowing police to track your 'stolen' bike, hopefully before it gets taken apart.

I'm happy with it as there are no maintenance or monthly fees. It cost me around $800 to get it.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Nimzotech, your system has got to top everything. And, you probably, yourself, don't know where the device has been installed on your bike, huh? I don't know much about the "immobiliser," that comes on FZ6's in Europe. Funny how OEM equipment changes from sea to sea.

Cloned

Tiger Trainer
Reaction score
Visit site
I had the LoJack Early Warning System installed at the stealership. Bascially it is a silent alarm where if your bike is being moved without the key-pass present, you are notified.
I registered my email, home number, cell phone, and work number, so that all these locations get notified at the same time in the event the bike is moved. You can then call the police and a tracking beacon will be activated, allowing police to track your 'stolen' bike, hopefully before it gets taken apart.

I'm happy with it as there are no maintenance or monthly fees. It cost me around $800 to get it.

I have one too that was installed when I bought the bike and was financed with it. I have it rigged to call my cell, house, text and email me. And they don't tell your where it is on the bike.

The bad thing is that it does not work in all counties. So before you decide to get one you need to make sure it will work for where you are.

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I used the handlebar locking feature, disk lock by bulldog. Currently looking at the Chatterbox alarm. I wasn't aware before that they make alarms, although I don't think it comes with a proximity sensor. It's cheaper than a scorpio but with less features.

Ares