Air filters

Ok, I appreciate the feed back. Me thinks I did not phrase me inquiry well enough; my bad!! This is my first FZ6 and it appears that the air filter looks K+N like. Is this reusable? Should I stick with OEM? Any after market recommendations other than K+N? Thanks again!

I Have the K&N, there is no noticeable user difference, but it is annoying to clean and they are not that cheap, if i didn't already have one i would stick with the stock disposable air filters

So annoying is in the eye of the beholder.. To clean the K&N you spray the cleaner on it, rinse it off then spray the oil on it. Certainly more work than a disposable filter, but nothing that you'll break a sweat over.

But as noted they are not cheap, but they are not a wallet buster.

So annoying is in the eye of the beholder.. To clean the K&N you spray the cleaner on it, rinse it off then spray the oil on it. Certainly more work than a disposable filter, but nothing that you'll break a sweat over.

But as noted they are not cheap, but they are not a wallet buster.

Did i mention that I am lazy, it is definitely not labor, just slow with drying times etc.

Did i mention that I am lazy, it is definitely not labor, just slow with drying times etc.
lol no worries. the cleaning and reoiling of my k&n is like a rite of spring. It reminds me that riding season is almost here. so for me itis not a thing to do.... it is a symbol

Back