air box mod

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Waverider - Do a quick search and you'll find several threads on the airbox mod. It's mainly an enhancement to sound.

Desi_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Did anyone who did the airbox mod notice any difference in their bikes engine braking?

I did it few days ago & seems my engine has lost a lot of braking it had.

Rolling off the throttle just deaccelrates the bike slowly, not abruptly as it used to. (I also drilled the stock muffler baffles with a 1/4" bit)

Is that normal ?

RyanK

Reaction score
community.webshots.com
I did mine same time as installing K&N, so I'm not sure where all the gain came from, but it got louder (didn't like at first, used to it after a couple of days), and much better acceleration, esp. at the upper end, along with 1-2 mpg.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I did mine same time as installing K&N, so I'm not sure where all the gain came from, but it got louder (didn't like at first, used to it after a couple of days), and much better acceleration, esp. at the upper end, along with 1-2 mpg.

This is the version of the mod that i did too, still no K&N yet, but that is coming. I did notice the bike having more mid-range pull when i did it, but the low end seemed to bog down a bit more, but it seems to have evened out as the computer adjusted.