Aftermarket handlebars.....

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Anybody put on some straighter bars? What did you use? How are they? I'm thinking about moving my riding position forward and down a bit. Thanks :thumbup:

Anybody put on some straighter bars? What did you use? How are they? I'm thinking about moving my riding position forward and down a bit. Thanks :thumbup:

I used Ventura brand Drag Bars....cheap, and effective.

Absolutely love them...gets you just that little bit further over the front wheel, giving you more feedback from the front hoop.

:thumbup:

common brands here are renthal, tag metal, rizoma. i wonder if changing to these handlebars would the mounting kit of steering dampers fit?

There are alot of threads.. but not alot of pictures!! :spank:

I have stock sadly.. changing in the winter!:rockon:

are the stock bars branded?

i'm just wondering as the ones on mine are made my renthal, not sure if the previous owner changed them

I am wondering how much of a difference handlebars will make if you have handlebar risers installed like I have .....

Put the fz1 bars on and I hate'em. Neck and back pain...I do alot of one armed riding... Too lazy to switch it back though, so I've learned to live with it

I am going take a look at putting the pro-taper dirt bike style bars on my bike this winter unless I chicken out or someone changes my mind. I have seen pictures on here before and I think they might work better for me.

I am going take a look at putting the pro-taper dirt bike style bars on my bike this winter unless I chicken out or someone changes my mind. I have seen pictures on here before and I think they might work better for me.

I was actually thinking of doing the same on my Touring FZ6....but for the opposite reason to putting drag bars on...i wanna raise the front handlebars even higher...

But as i think ofd it, i am realising that bar riser's are probably an easier option.

:thumbup:

In my case, I don't mind the stock height, but I'd like about 5 or so degress less sweep on the grip angle.. Just a bit more straight..

I'll find something that works for me this winter..

I had the LSL Streetbars on my previous FZ: LSL Handle Bars

2579299032_7e93221bd3_z.jpg

2513028428_750a3f4973_z.jpg

2519041377_1878fbc870_b.jpg

Anything is better than the stock bars. I put on the FZ1 bars and love them.
Too each his own. Looks like you have gotten some good choices. Good Luck.

Back