Aftermarket Brake Discs ?

AdamFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

Anyone used aftermarket brake discs on their FZ6 ?

Can you recommend any ?

I need to replace front and back on mine.

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
I've used EBC and Galfer. Not on the FZ but on other bikes. They are a very good performance upgrade along with pads.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you have the time, you can pick up one up from someone parting out their bike at a decent price. That's what I did.

The_Paragon

Thats right, Paragon!
Reaction score
Visit site
Not to Hijack.. But how are you guys wearing out rotors? I have 20,000 miles on my bike and the original rotors and pad look quite good yet.
Not that i do track days or anything, but i still feel like I use them in the twisties enough.
(though I will disclaim, there are 2 trips from WI to Colorado and back on it, which is just a ton of flat straight freeway)

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
Not to Hijack.. But how are you guys wearing out rotors? I have 20,000 miles on my bike and the original rotors and pad look quite good yet.
Not that i do track days or anything, but i still feel like I use them in the twisties enough.
(though I will disclaim, there are 2 trips from WI to Colorado and back on it, which is just a ton of flat straight freeway)

Yeah, probably not so much wearing them out but replacing due to damage, abuse or looking for improved braking performance. Under normal street riding and normal maintenance, stock rotors should last forever.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

I'm still on my original front rotors but I replaced my rear at 77k miles. The rear was out of limits.

RearDisc.jpg

AdamFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Had an MOT on my bike and it failed but one of the advisories was that one of my front brake discs had a "high spot"

Front brakes have been binding as well so probably added some extra wear.

It's currently on 36k