A short vid from my ride today

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I don't have my FZ any more so I figured this vid doesn't belong in the FZ6 videos forum so here it is in here :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9xyuPpjh0E]YouTube - ‪Sunday ride‬‏[/ame]

I know most of you prefer the original sound but for some reason my go pro didn't record any sound in all the vids from today. It's either busted or I screwed the settings up unknowingly. So yeah - music will have to suffice.

Hope you enjoy :)

viffer.jpg

Last edited:

PVFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice Video.

I hear alot of talk about the VFR engine "coming alive" when the v-tec kicks in. Can you describe what it feels like when you are riding and this change happens?

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you guys enjoyed it!

Nice Video.

I hear alot of talk about the VFR engine "coming alive" when the v-tec kicks in. Can you describe what it feels like when you are riding and this change happens?

Well, to me it feels very similar to the powerband on any other motorcycle. The VFR pulls very gently below 7500 rpm but once it goes above that it pulls pretty hard if you give it some gas. To me the V4 engine on the VFR feels like a mix between a twin and an I4. It's not quite as anemic in the low rpms like an I4 and not quite as abrupt in the powerband but it still pulls pretty hard if you want it to. I definitely enjoy the deep sound and feel that the V4 makes tho :) It feels like you're riding an angry space ship only it's not really THAT fast ... it just feels so :) Personally I love the overall VFR package ... but I digress.

Last edited:

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
I pass where it's safe to do so. Couldn't care less what the markings are. I can show you countless spots on my local roads where it's ok to pass from legal perspective but I would never do it because it's unsafe (not enough visibility + driveway and side streets) and I can also show you countless roads where I'd do double yellow passes such as this one

YouTube - ‪A memorial day well spent!‬‏

without thinking twice.

So yeah - I prefer to trust my own judgement in the particular circumstances rather than some paint markings :)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Now you need some hockey pucks for your jeans! :rockon:

Like that VFR!

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I think I'll finally invest in some comfortable riding pants. I was thinking to start wearing my 1-piece on the street whenever I plan to go for a spirited ride but the damn thing doesn't fit me too well so I avoid wearing it unless I'm @ the track :/ When I was taking the measurements for my custom suit I must have messed up the inseam a little. So now my leathers don't let me get my knee fully out and it bugs the bejesus out of me. My jeans in comparison are just SO comfortable ... when I'm keeping the shiny side up :)

For the record, I have the icon knee/shin guards underneath the jeans which act as knee pucks :p

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool vid and VFR! What mount is that for your V1? And how does the V1 mount onto that little plate? I really need to get my rd on my FZ6 somehow, I'm tired of slamming on the brakes at the last second as I spot the CHP buggers. lol

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I don't have my FZ any more so I figured this vid doesn't belong in the FZ6 videos forum so here it is in here :)

YouTube - ‪Sunday ride‬‏

I know most of you prefer the original sound but for some reason my go pro didn't record any sound in all the vids from today. It's either busted or I screwed the settings up unknowingly. So yeah - music will have to suffice.

Hope you enjoy :)

viffer.jpg
Thanks for that,
Who is playing in the sound track?
At least we know were you stand on the "Crossing crossing the line debate" lol.

Cheers
Nelly

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool vid and VFR! What mount is that for your V1? And how does the V1 mount onto that little plate? I really need to get my rd on my FZ6 somehow, I'm tired of slamming on the brakes at the last second as I spot the CHP buggers. lol

I LOVE the V1. I never ever go out without. I've had it for a few months now and it's already paid for itself multiple times :rockon:

I made a detailed thread on another board about how I mounted it: The 2 mods I did to my bike this season :) - Sportbikes.net

Hope it helps :cheer:

Was that the Mohawk Trail? Tank mount next time? :thumbup:

~Dave

Yeah that's the Mohawk Trail indeed :) It's a fun little road but there are too many cones (cages) on there :p

I wish I could mount it on the tank but I've got a GPS, a V1 and an EZ pass in the way (check out the photo in OP). We wouldn't see anything :/ And I really dislike the helmet vids ... I'll probably buy some more sticky mounts and put some on my fairings / swing arm. We will see.

And for those of you who wanna know the song - it's Cary Brothers - Ride (Tiesto radio edit) :rockon:

MilkMan

Reaction score
Visit site
@ Kamloops, I think it is safe to say that most bikers have at one time or another passed a slow vehicle on the double. Don't find too many law-abiding citizens like urself any more, keep it safe and clean kid.

@ the bar, just wanted to add to some of the other guys, looks like u might have picked up a lil road rash at the knees? Nice film!

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
I LOVE the V1. I never ever go out without. I've had it for a few months now and it's already paid for itself multiple times :rockon:

I made a detailed thread on another board about how I mounted it: The 2 mods I did to my bike this season :) - Sportbikes.net

Hope it helps :cheer:

Yep, that's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks! And yes, RD's are awesome. I was using a V955(old M3 horn) for about 7+ years, until late last year when I noticed it's Ka detection took a dive, and would barely alert, if at all. Must've drifted out of spec, or is just plain done for. I now have a V995, and LOVE the TSR, as it saves me from the endless K-band traffic drone alerts! The range isn't quite as good as the older M3 horns, but still more than enough to give me time to slow down. Between the two, I've probably been saved about 50+ times. I feel naked without my little helper on on my moto! Time to get some mounts! :D

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
@ the bar, just wanted to add to some of the other guys, looks like u might have picked up a lil road rash at the knees? Nice film!

No sir! I know the jeans are very frowned upon but I'm pretty well geared otherwise. I use my knee/shin guards as knee pucks for now till I find a pair of leather pants that fit my long legs (I'm 6'6") and don't impede my movement on the bike. As I said earlier, my 1-piece is just too uncomfortable to wear on the street so for now I'm a jeans warrior.

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
Was all that body shifting necessarily? What the heck?
By the way, good job on passing on double yellow (when it's safe). Tcmalker approves. Nice to see a fellow holligan.

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
Was all that body shifting necessarily? What the heck?
By the way, good job on passing on double yellow (when it's safe). Tcmalker approves. Nice to see a fellow holligan.

Well I know you can't really tell but most of those turns were limited to 25-35mph and I was doing double that most of the time so I'd rather shift my body rather than relying on the grip that my sport touring tires provide (Michelin power road 3s - I LOVE THEM). I did get my knee down a couple of times and I consider this to be my safe spirited street riding but as I said I prefer to be on the safe side and rely on my body rather than on lean angle.

m.donovan

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice vid! :thumbup: I have yet to make it out to the mohawk trail on my bike, it's on my list of rides though, it's a very nice road! But yea there are a lot of cars and if you get stuck behind a line of them, there's not much you can do but mosey along! As soon as I log some highway miles though (I'm still a newb!) I'm gonna head that way, I live in Monson, so, it's a little ride just getting there. I was wondering about you moving around through the turns as well but thanks for clearing that up, it makes a lot of sense! Anyway, nice riding, looks like you had fun! :rockon:

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I know you can't really tell but most of those turns were limited to 25-35mph and I was doing double that most of the time so I'd rather shift my body rather than relying on the grip that my sport touring tires provide (Michelin power road 3s - I LOVE THEM). I did get my knee down a couple of times and I consider this to be my safe spirited street riding but as I said I prefer to be on the safe side and rely on my body rather than on lean angle.

Interesting. I admit to be a newbie rider. I was taught by MSF to push left to go left, push right to go right. I am intrigue by the shifting body principle. Why is it safer? I see bike racers do it a lot but never understood why. I just thought they are trying to be cool by touching their knees.