Test rode a FZ1 today

Raid The Revenge

Reaction score
Visit site
If you plan on getting an FZ1:

1) Make sure it's past the 06 model. (They had fuel-injection bugs)
2) Make sure you buy ANY aftermarket seat. The no.1 drawback with the FZ1 is the seat.
3)The fuel tank isn't as big.

Besides all those "nit-picks," go nuts!

B

bluenova

I'm really concidering an FZ1 for my next bike. I will likely be living in the UK by then and am also looking at a VFR800 but the insurance is much higher on the VFR compared to the FZ1, not sure why but the FZ1 is only £120 more than the FZ6 whereas the VFR is double the FZ6. Another FZ6 is still on the cards too as I love it dearly, but the vibrations, clunky tranny and soft front forks are putting me off another one, as I like to do long trips and I can feel a bit buzzy when I get off the FZ6 after a long days riding in high RPM's. That's another plus for the FZ1 it doesn't need to be kept in the high RPM's to be in the power range. On the FZ6 I'm normally around 7-9000 RPM while heading through the twisties, if I do that all day I buzz for a good hour or 2 after I get off.

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We have seen a pic of the Micron, here is the Yoshi:

fazeryoshi.jpg

Got-boost?

Reaction score
Visit site
Well after riding my Wifes FZ6 I just bought today a brand new left over 06 FZ1 very nice so far.

Steve F

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the new FZ1 !!

Regarding the seat: It's gets better after about 1200 miles. It is a bit stiff on the butt prior to that.

Regarding the fuel tank: I agree. I only get about 110 miles before I need to stop for fuel. I've beeen getting around 33-36 mpg.