A Palace of Gold

573.jpg

This gives new meaning to the (in)famous Al Bundy's comment regarding boobs: "...and one on the back for dancing". :cheer:

I live really close to the palace. It's truly amazing how it is right in the middle of West Virginia. The first time I went I endulged in the guided tour, which was severely overpriced. The lady tour guide was a wannabe hippy, who really didn't know much about any of the beliefs, and couldn't answer a lot of the peoples questions.

I would definitely recommend going, but I would skip on the tour. The place is beautiful and mind opening in itself... I don't think you need to pay a hipster 20 dollars to talk about dropping acid and chanting all day.

I live really close to the palace. It's truly amazing how it is right in the middle of West Virginia. The first time I went I endulged in the guided tour, which was severely overpriced. The lady tour guide was a wannabe hippy, who really didn't know much about any of the beliefs, and couldn't answer a lot of the peoples questions.

I would definitely recommend going, but I would skip on the tour. The place is beautiful and mind opening in itself... I don't think you need to pay a hipster 20 dollars to talk about dropping acid and chanting all day.

The last time I did the tour ($8/person now) I thought it was fun. I do not recallit being $20, was that for multiple people?

Amazing place and great pictures!.. gotta make time to read the full ride report (stupid work!)

Thanks for sharing!

Lunch break = reading time! All caught up now :thumbup:

What an awesome ride report!! LMAO @ Harley comments!

The place is *only* 7 hours from me... may have to ride out there :D

Re: Hydration packs.. some very good deals here, especially today.. 20% on top of sale price (coupon code is at the top of page in the banner)

Nashbar

Back