50 minutes in stop-n-go, yesterday..

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure if I've ever done 50 minutes, but 30 many times. Make the ride more challenging in these situations, take advantage of it.

Practice your slow ride, try to see how long you can go without putting your foot down! Clutch and throttle control. Don't worry, it's a wet clutch. That's what I do.

And I challenge anyone here on this forum on a slow ride competition.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not sure if I've ever done 50 minutes, but 30 many times. Make the ride more challenging in these situations, take advantage of it.

Practice your slow ride, try to see how long you can go without putting your foot down! Clutch and throttle control. Don't worry, it's a wet clutch. That's what I do.

And I challenge anyone here on this forum on a slow ride competition.

Exactly what I was doing nearly the whole time, Kenny! But my left hand was not happy at the end of this adventure.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
what exactly is a stop and go??

You guys don't have that in Netherlands? It's when there's several miles of cars in front of you sitting there bumper to bumper on the road.. they move at 5-10 miles an hour for about 10-15 feet and then stop for 20-30 seconds.. this goes on over and over.. hence the name "stop and go".

.. or were you being sarcastic? :)

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
everybodyhas pushbikes int he netherlands ;)

filtering is legal here though i beleive

couldn't imagine not being able to filter, that's one of the main advantages of a bike!

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
well we do have those stop 'n go's, or traffic jams, but usually not that long,
and filtering by bike is allowed here, so on the bike the only nuisance are people who think they should be in the middle of 2 lanes.

Funny story about that, some german guy was in the middle, so the front rider of a group of 5 knocks on the window so he'd move to the side. guy gets pissed, in his rage he wants to get out, forgets the car is in gear, removes his foot from the clutch and hits the car infront of him, big piece of is bumper had a hole in it lol.

DeusEx

Reaction score
Visit site
Filtering? Lane-Splitting? Laws?
That's one good thing here in Athens. It takes about 30 minutes for a 26 km ride to work, with filtering and all.

It's unthinkable to wait in traffic, behind those cages stuck. It's unhealthy breathing all these exhaust-fumes for so long.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's unhealthy breathing all these exhaust-fumes for so long.

I'll try that excuse next time :thumbup: "Sorry, officer, but I have asthma.. standing with the traffic would KILL me!" :D

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
Having the right air pressure makes a whole lot of difference at slow speeds...On my way home, I filter thru bumper-to-bumper traffic and It gets really challenging sometimes when my splitting space is too little in stopped traffic, so I have to make a 90 degree turn to go between two cars and then make another 90 degree turn to get into the next lane-splitting gap. It feels like riding thru a maze and I love it :D