4000 miles on a set of tires!!!!!

this is one of those "I never thought it could happen to me" threads
I really, really need to replace my tires!!! but I keep doing the "they got one more ride in them" thing. so as usual I rode to work today. when I got home I did the math and realized I've got 3996 miles on this set of Pilot Powers. they are DONE... unless... maybe... they have one more ride in them???

I was just writing a reply about how I've done 3852.501 miles (6200km) and that I already need a set of new tyres, and about how on earth I was going to tell my wife, I only bought the bike in June. Anyway she was secretly looking over my shoulder and reading. Anyway after a rather painless discussion she agreed I could have a new set as an early Birthday present :)

Anyway Danny I would like to thank you for starting this thread otherwise it might have been a more difficult discussion. :thumbup:

Only now I've now got to decide on a good choice of new tyres, well it aint going to be the Dunlops and that's for sure. I'm debating on the pilot power II or the Bridgestones.

...Anyway Danny I would like to thank you for starting this thread otherwise it might have been a more difficult discussion... :thumbup:
not a problem. I'm sure which ever tires you choose to run will be better then what you are currently running!!!:thumbup:

I want a new definition for a fool. I've been told ever since I bought my FZ6
I don't know who your hanging out with but, maybe its time you got some new friends!!!:Sport:

Last edited by a moderator:
So what did you pay for the PP's? I'm thinking of getting a pair soon, and I just wanted to make sure I'm not paying too much.

I pay $275.00 at my local shop for the tires.(both) DefyInertia gave a link for
http://www.sportbiketrackgear.com they are cheaper then I'm paying but you have to order them. heres the link for the PPs Sportbike Track Gear TIRES, WHEELS & WARMERS:Michelin tires:pilot power I think next time I'll give STG a try, the money I'd save on the tires would be enough to cover the expense of mounting and balancing.

Back