2Bros installed, FE prob & Video

s4mt3k

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

So I finally got and installed my 2Bros. First mod ever on my bike and I am loving it.

The exhaust install was perfect, no issues except for some weld that I had to file down to get the cans mounted on the pipe.

The FE Kit however, well it's crap! One of the plate lights snapped but I salvaged it, left blinker bulb is burnt, and all in all poor quality. Boneman's custom FE kit wouldn't work for me coz apparently the tail changed for my year.

Question: is anyone using a different FE Kit with a 2Bros?

Here's a video I made:
2008 Yamaha FZ6 with Two Brothers Exhaust- Video

s4mt3k

Reaction score
Visit site
You're killing me, I'm so envious, those look and sound great!!! :thumbup:

thanks man! i gotta tell you tho, nothing compares to the way they sound when i'm riding... 0-4k rpm makes ur heart shiver dude.. it's insane, and WOT... holy jesus... fuggetaboutit

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Pulled up to a red light yesterday and a guy on a Honda ST1300 asked what pipes I had.
2Bros dude, he gave me a big thumbs up!

They do have a nice rumble,eh.

paulinus

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm still using the FE, but I did replace the turn signals and tag bolt lights. I wish I could shed some more light on it for you. I really liked the look of the TB signals that came with the kit. I had to ditch them after several folks said my signals were near invisible in sunlight. I can't have that happening.

Good luck on the FE search.

s4mt3k

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm still using the FE, but I did replace the turn signals and tag bolt lights. I wish I could shed some more light on it for you. I really liked the look of the TB signals that came with the kit. I had to ditch them after several folks said my signals were near invisible in sunlight. I can't have that happening.

Good luck on the FE search.

well the signal lights and the plate lights are what's bothering me. the actual piece that holds the plate is fine... the plate lights are ludicrous and one of my signal bulbs is burnt.

did you just improv customize your lights?

GlockDoc

Reaction score
Visit site
well the signal lights and the plate lights are what's bothering me. the actual piece that holds the plate is fine... the plate lights are ludicrous and one of my signal bulbs is burnt.

Quess this is as good a time as any to stop lurking and post something. ;)

I bought my TB set used and I didn't get the LP lights. I used my stock light, or what was on the bike when I got it, and just riveted it to the LP bracket. I included some pics to try to show you what I did.

Congrats on the cans, I love mine.

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know what your sayin when it comes to the quality of the FE. I had purchased one(FE kit) off of EBAY that used the stock brackets and turn signals. A month later I bought the 2bros and decided to use the FE kit I already purchased.
I didnt like how the 2bros kit had the plate so far out and the angle it was at. In the first pic you can see I used the stock V-bracket under the seat to mount my 1st FE kit. you have to grind it down abit to get it to fit around the cans but it looks wayyyy better.
Now its tucked under abit and you use the stock hardware(I put my own signals on)

Edit...I just noticed that u have an 08...not sure this helps so much, but Im sure that the FE kit I got off of ebay fits the 08 too...

RideApr140913.jpg

RideApr140934.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

Last edited:

b.konstadinos

LIVE TO RIDE TO LIVE
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had the same problem with the FE kit. The quality is so poore for the money you spend on this mod. Finally i moded and used the stock fender and flashing lights and it looks way much better. I'll try to take and upload some pics if this can help you. :thumbup:

s4mt3k

Reaction score
Visit site
Quess this is as good a time as any to stop lurking and post something. ;)

I bought my TB set used and I didn't get the LP lights. I used my stock light, or what was on the bike when I got it, and just riveted it to the LP bracket. I included some pics to try to show you what I did.

Congrats on the cans, I love mine.

i thought abt using the stock blinkers... looks like a came out clean.. no washers or anything needed?

s4mt3k

Reaction score
Visit site
I know what your sayin when it comes to the quality of the FE. I had purchased one(FE kit) off of EBAY that used the stock brackets and turn signals. A month later I bought the 2bros and decided to use the FE kit I already purchased.
I didnt like how the 2bros kit had the plate so far out and the angle it was at. In the first pic you can see I used the stock V-bracket under the seat to mount my 1st FE kit. you have to grind it down abit to get it to fit around the cans but it looks wayyyy better.
Now its tucked under abit and you use the stock hardware(I put my own signals on)

Edit...I just noticed that u have an 08...not sure this helps so much, but Im sure that the FE kit I got off of ebay fits the 08 too...

RideApr140913.jpg

RideApr140934.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

dude ur bike color is awesome! with the lower cowl it's perfect! very nice :thumbup::thumbup: using that bracket is a good idea too. i would just need to shop around for an fe kit i like

dantow

The Phoenix
Reaction score
Visit site

RideApr140913.jpg

RideApr140934.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

dude what are those little spike thinks on your rear hugger?

krushnuts

Where did I put my keys..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

What a coincidence, my first mod, which I installed today was also a two bros set of pipes onto an 08 naked.

I thought the FE mounting plate was good. The turning lights also seemed ok, but those license plate lights, uurrgh, they are very dim.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for better ones, no hurry here though.

I posted some pics of my exertions today over here

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
I kept the entire stock end and just flexed it a bit and ran a long bolt through the FE and stock end. There should be pics in my album

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Congrats on the TB mod!!!

I agreee with you about the crap quality of TB's FE kit....or should I say the unpainted and flimsy piece of stamped aluminum they call an FE.

I would just go with getting some different signals, maybe some nice LED ones? I'm stilll using TB's cheap mini lights, but one already broke from tightening the nut on it too much and I had to epoxy it back together. For the money you pay I would expect a well made titanium FE with some nice LED blinkers!

Nice LED and non-LED lights are a dime a dozen on da eBay, so you should have no problems finding a nice replacement set that wont break the bank.

I didn't use those LED plate bolt things either as I could not see a way of wiring them up without having to also run the wires through the plate holes. If you needed replacments for those I would just give you mine.

s4mt3k

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the TB mod!!!

I agreee with you about the crap quality of TB's FE kit....or should I say the unpainted and flimsy piece of stamped aluminum they call an FE.

I would just go with getting some different signals, maybe some nice LED ones? I'm stilll using TB's cheap mini lights, but one already broke from tightening the nut on it too much and I had to epoxy it back together. For the money you pay I would expect a well made titanium FE with some nice LED blinkers!

Nice LED and non-LED lights are a dime a dozen on da eBay, so you should have no problems finding a nice replacement set that wont break the bank.

I didn't use those LED plate bolt things either as I could not see a way of wiring them up without having to also run the wires through the plate holes. If you needed replacments for those I would just give you mine.

see i had the plate light thing snap on me due to tightening it's such crap... so i ended getting a nut to hold the 2 pieces together and then another nut to tighten it to the plate... when i went to the hardware store i tried to find a bolt that's hollow on the inside thinking i might fabricate something... eh we'll c, i travel for work during the week so i'm away from my bike till thursday... it sucks seeing how the new sound is still ringing in my head