2007 R6/FZ6 Frame Sliders

CMH

Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe I'm jsut a newb and this is common knowledge but I tried to search and I couldn't find any threads referring to this particular issue so I thought I'd post my own findings.
Here's the deal, I ordered a set of Shogun Frame sliders for my 07 FZ6 From Podiumsuperbike.com on the 1st (its now the 18th) and I still haven't gotten them, I won't go into that except to say that I'll never order from them again. But my main reason for this post is that I am going on a long ride tomorrow and I really was hoping to get my sliders in the mail today, since I didn't I made a last minute trip to Cycle Gear and (wouldn't you know it) they have nothing for our bikes in stock. However the guy that was helping me said I should try out the R6 Vortex frame sliders since they had those in stock and if they didn't fit I could just return them. I was skeptical cause I checked on the Vortex racing website and they had the R6 sliders but they had nothing listed for the FZ6. Turns out they fit great and it makes me wonder what other obscure parts are interchangable with the same year R6? And I also wonder why the company wouldn't say that something like that will fit both bikes? When you need something in a pinch and no store carries your stuff in stock, but everyone seems to have everything under the sun for the R6 since it's so common, it's worth a try.