15T and speedohealer

FZ6drummer

Reaction score
Visit site
i was talking with a guy i know in the parts department of my local dealer (which i've given a TON of business to), and he said that the 15T sprocket didn't really need the speedohealer, but that contradicts everything i've read about it.
i guess, i'm still really on the fence about it, even though i said in OZ's thread that i was ready to do it. how noticeable of a change is created? what exactly is the change? i'm still too new to this to know much about the mechanical work. does anyone miss losing out on some top speed? what is the advantage to adding a +2 to the rear?
sorry for all of the questions, i just haven't been able to find all of the answers. i have mostly found threads that people did the mod, not what the mod did for them.
thanks for everyone's help!

Mexi-can't

Biker dude
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i was talking with a guy i know in the parts department of my local dealer (which i've given a TON of business to), and he said that the 15T sprocket didn't really need the speedohealer, but that contradicts everything i've read about it.
i guess, i'm still really on the fence about it, even though i said in OZ's thread that i was ready to do it. how noticeable of a change is created? what exactly is the change? i'm still too new to this to know much about the mechanical work. does anyone miss losing out on some top speed? what is the advantage to adding a +2 to the rear?
sorry for all of the questions, i just haven't been able to find all of the answers. i have mostly found threads that people did the mod, not what the mod did for them.
thanks for everyone's help!

1. The bike in stock form could use a speedo healer as it's about 10% optimistic on the speed it shows.

2. The difference in rpm @60 = 500 rpms higher in 3rd and about 300 rpms higher in 6th gear.

3. THERE IS NO LOSS OF TOP SPEED. The FZ6 only has so much power to propel itself with. It'll run to redline in 5th gear stock which equals very close to 139 mph actual. (it will show 158-160 mph)This is pretty much all it'll do.

4. Going +2 in the rear further increases the acceleration, fun and RPM's. You will be close to 1k rpm per 10 mph doing this. 8k rpm = 80 mph in 6th gear. The 6th gear will be very close to the stock 5th gear at this point, which means the bike will still run 140 mph.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D