10 bad ideas

Grainbelt

Reaction score
Visit site
you've obviously never tried to fit a givi rack with an aftermarket exhaust :(

I've never had the inclination to fit an aftermarket exhaust.

I still think my Ninja 650R had the best packaging of a motor/suspension/exhaust in recent memory. The FZ6 works just fine, but that is a loooong heavy run of pipe.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
The only downside that I can think of with having a dual underseat exhaust is the price you have to pay if you want a after market setup.... Hence the reason why I made mine vs buying one lol

D

Dave.TX

Single swingarms...:drool: make me think of exotic, high speed machines. Honda's VFR Interceptor, Triumph Speed Triple R, Ducati's Monster/Streetfigher/Superbike... yes indeed!

Underseat exhaust, just looks sleek and doesn't leave one side naked and the other carrying a barbeque sized propane tank looking muffler. Maybe I'm exaggerating a little. It's my opinion that the only sexy looking bike with single side exhaust is a Ducati. They also make a sexy dual exhaust that exits on either side. Maybe there's more but in my limited mind that's it. Underseat, getting back to the subject, is heavy as it adds more real estate in metal. It also limits underseat storage and adds heat to the seat itself. But it sure looks clean.

That being said I like the looks of the FZ6 with its underseat exhaust. It's one reason I chose the bike. It's not enough for me to keep it once it's paid off. The bike does spark interest from the guys I ride with that have sport bikes (GSXR's, etc). They admit that the upright riding would be a LOT more comfortable. Yes, it is.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Quote from that link. . . See big bold RED! At least they where thinking of us.... lol

3 Underseat exhausts
Mass decentralisation, underseat storage deletion, clothing exhaust-smell impregnation - great sales stories didn’t exactly proliferate from underseat pipes. But then they didn’t need to when they looked this good (not you 999; sit down FZ6). And there was always the in-case-of-emergency argument about ground clearance (viz., ‘Don’t YOU find your progress constantly hampered by decking-out endcans?’). The NR750’s high-slung pair set a template of seductive, somehow aloof modernity that is only now beginning to date; rear-views of 916s have inspired at least as much longing as J-Lo. Aftermarket afterthoughts excluded (Blueflame-abused R1s, hello), while underseats accorded with technical understanding, we’re happy you gave us the horn.
Why it’s a bad idea: makes handling worse and clothes smell
Why it’s great: it’s our equivalent of gullwing doors

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The underseat zhorst is one of the 2 features I loved most about the Fizzer , the other being th 'N' headlight :drool: but it is true what they say about the smelly clothes & my family will vouch for that :thumbup:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like underseat exhausts because they don't bend like a banana when you drop your bike.

Nelly

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
tbh the exhausts were a seling point to me when i bought the bike, and i do like them

my next bike will be a ducati 996 or 748, i won't be worrying about fitting any luggage racks to that though :D

(incidentally, the ducati 749/999 must win the award for ugliest underseat exhaust)

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The underseat zhorst is one of the 2 features I loved most about the Fizzer , the other being th 'N' headlight :drool: but it is true what they say about the smelly clothes & my family will vouch for that :thumbup:

Sounds like a personal problem, yet you point the finger at the Fizzer?!?! wtf?
You need to open it up and Travel Faster Than Stink!!!! :spank:

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
you've obviously never tried to fit a givi rack with an aftermarket exhaust :(

Leo Vince and Givi racks work fine, there are a couple of us on here...

Having had a bike with dual exhaust pipes, one each per side, and now having the under seat exhaust of the Fizzer, I think any other exhaust setup on any other bike looks unfinished! I personally like the symmetry, which is why I prefer a normal swingarm, even though I appreciate a single sided one (from a physics/mechanical standpoint).

My $0.02

Sent from my SAMSUNG GALAXY S INFUSE using Tapatalk

DeusEx

Reaction score
Visit site
me gusta underseat exhausts!
fitting luggage is still doable with the leo's. It just needed some modifications...

lazerfazer

Reaction score
Visit site
I've never had the inclination to fit an aftermarket exhaust.

I still think my Ninja 650R had the best packaging of a motor/suspension/exhaust in recent memory. The FZ6 works just fine, but that is a loooong heavy run of pipe.

i went from a ninja650r to an FZ6-best switch ive made thus far...:BLAA: