05 engine temperature help

nicholas.craft

Reaction score
Visit site
I have tried to search around for a bit and can't seem to find quite what im looking for. What is the normal reading (how many bars?) for an 05 fz6 to run at? I recently flushed and changed the coolant and made sure I used the prestone without the few nasty ingredients and my bike runs at 2-3 bars however, in traffic or idling for extended period of time it reaches four now and the fans kick on. I am pretty sure it is due to when i first got it 30's-40's outside kept it at two bars always and now its in the 60's-70's. Just want to know what it should normally run at though. Thanks

Sounds how mine runs (2006). when it's a cool morning (50-65 degrees) it will often stay at 2 bars for a long time and sometimes go to 3 bars. If I'm riding in town it is always at 3 bars and will jump to 4 bars when you stop at a redlight sometimes and the fans kick on at 4 bars, perfectly normal.

When it's hot out I never get below 3 bars.

Awesome thanks for the quick response! That is exactly what I needed to know just wanted to make sure all is normal since I am still getting used to the bike. Just picked it up this winter and love it for the commute and the mountains.

Sounds how mine runs (2006). when it's a cool morning (50-65 degrees) it will often stay at 2 bars for a long time and sometimes go to 3 bars. If I'm riding in town it is always at 3 bars and will jump to 4 bars when you stop at a redlight sometimes and the fans kick on at 4 bars, perfectly normal.

When it's hot out I never get below 3 bars.

Pretty much the same for me on my '06. It'll sometimes climb up for short bit when I'm going uphill and keeping the RPM's up too.

Back