05 engine temperature help

nicholas.craft

Reaction score
Visit site
I have tried to search around for a bit and can't seem to find quite what im looking for. What is the normal reading (how many bars?) for an 05 fz6 to run at? I recently flushed and changed the coolant and made sure I used the prestone without the few nasty ingredients and my bike runs at 2-3 bars however, in traffic or idling for extended period of time it reaches four now and the fans kick on. I am pretty sure it is due to when i first got it 30's-40's outside kept it at two bars always and now its in the 60's-70's. Just want to know what it should normally run at though. Thanks

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds how mine runs (2006). when it's a cool morning (50-65 degrees) it will often stay at 2 bars for a long time and sometimes go to 3 bars. If I'm riding in town it is always at 3 bars and will jump to 4 bars when you stop at a redlight sometimes and the fans kick on at 4 bars, perfectly normal.

When it's hot out I never get below 3 bars.

nicholas.craft

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome thanks for the quick response! That is exactly what I needed to know just wanted to make sure all is normal since I am still getting used to the bike. Just picked it up this winter and love it for the commute and the mountains.

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds how mine runs (2006). when it's a cool morning (50-65 degrees) it will often stay at 2 bars for a long time and sometimes go to 3 bars. If I'm riding in town it is always at 3 bars and will jump to 4 bars when you stop at a redlight sometimes and the fans kick on at 4 bars, perfectly normal.

When it's hot out I never get below 3 bars.

Pretty much the same for me on my '06. It'll sometimes climb up for short bit when I'm going uphill and keeping the RPM's up too.