Your Hayabusa Thoughts?

DaveK

Reaction score
Visit site
For those of you who have had one/ridden one...Whats yours thoughts? Its a big step up in power from the FZ6 but the temptation is unbearable.

Im 25 now and insurance has finally reached an acceptable level for me to get something bonkers quick, just because i can. A hayabusa is really more power than anyone ever needs on the main road but i just want one :D

How are they in the twisties? Ive heard conflicting reports like slow steering and unable to change direction without coming off the throttle vs can keep up with most sports bikes.

Cheers folks, Dave

v1jay

Reaction score
Visit site
For those of you who have had one/ridden one...Whats yours thoughts? Its a big step up in power from the FZ6 but the temptation is unbearable.

Im 25 now and insurance has finally reached an acceptable level for me to get something bonkers quick, just because i can. A hayabusa is really more power than anyone ever needs on the main road but i just want one :D

How are they in the twisties? Ive heard conflicting reports like slow steering and unable to change direction without coming off the throttle vs can keep up with most sports bikes.

Cheers folks, Dave

Hi there - i'v just bought a hybrid GSX muscel bike, which has a busa rear swing arm fitted. To me, it seems more of a straight line bike, then an agile bike. Don't get me wrong, they are cracking bikes... however i would not use it for everyday use, tho many people do - Thats what the FZ6 is for :)

@25 [sorry if i sound patronising] i would hold off a few years... get more experience on your FZ6... then make a decision. The torque on them bikes is huge, and a slight ill twist can get ya into trouble real quick - any bike for that matter... I'm sounding motherish now, sorry chap... i shall stop.. at the end of the day... its your £££ :BLAA:

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I've seen the haybusa's and I like them alot. I got the impression that the haybusa is a sport bike for older guys though due mostly in part to the high price tag. It seems the gixxers are a nickle a dozen and you have a wide choice of clean used ones for fairly cheap albeit a very nice ride. As far as the upgrade in power like with anything else, it depends on the maturity and experience of the rider.

herbis

Captain Awesome
Reaction score
Visit site
I seem to get to ride most of the latest toys, the latest 1340 busa being one of them, I found it handled nice, went way to fast & had brakes to die for,the speed you can achieve so quickly & easily on any of those big boys is just daunting, 200+ kph feels like nothing, be careful.

philosopheriam

aka: Mr. Awesome
Reaction score
Visit site
Personally, I think the busa is in the top ten of ugliest motorcycles ever produced. However, this is a matter of aesthetics, and thus it is purely subjective.

I know a lot of people who ride busas, and they're all mediocre riders - they want to go fast in a straight line, plain and simple.

Why not just improve on your skills and get a sexy liter bike - you'll be faster than all of these jokers any day of the week. Plus, you have the added bonus of a lighter, more nimble bike.

Just my .02

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
Personally, I think the busa is in the top ten of ugliest motorcycles ever produced. However, this is a matter of aesthetics, and thus it is purely subjective.

I know a lot of people who ride busas, and they're all mediocre riders - they want to go fast in a straight line, plain and simple.

Why not just improve on your skills and get a sexy liter bike - you'll be faster than all of these jokers any day of the week. Plus, you have the added bonus of a lighter, more nimble bike.

Just my .02

I've not ridden a 'Busa but I tend to agree with Phil here. But this is coming from a guy that drives a cage with 375 rear wheel HP. So I understand the draw of having more power than you need. :) My main dislike for the Busa stems from the folk I normally see riding them. They tend to be the sport bike equivalent of the 45/50 year old who picks up a Harley FatBoy as their first bike.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They are big and wide. A lot different to the FZ6.

Don't ask our opinion, just take one for a ride. See for yourself :thumbup:

You can either handle it, or you can't. I know I wouldn't be able to :BLAA:

Pauly_V

Reaction score
Visit site
Lots of Busas in the States. Most of the riders are ****, with one exception that I've found. An older guy (55) in our riding group has one. He's put more than 30,000 miles on it and can absolutely rail corners with it. However, he can't outrun me on my FZ6.

Moral of the story: Power is irrelevant.

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
i've heard they are almost unridable, might be better off with an r6 or r1, or just get a big muscle bike (rocket 3, b-king) :)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a link you can check out:Hayabusa.oRg

I've ridden with quite a few Busa owners. We were on a ride up to Idyllwild, Ca. Most of the Busa riders were well under the age of 55. The encompassing demographic that seemed to impress me the most was the heaviness of the bike. One of the organizers, also a Busa rider, got all the Busa's together and called it the heavy bike group.

It would seem logical to most experienced riders, that as you add weight and lengthen the wheelbase as well as other geometry that the bike will be more or less effected in it's ability in a turn.

This seemed even more obvious as I rode with some very skilled Busa riders. The FZ6 was left in the dust in the straight away runs but in the twists it was a different story. The FZ6 was brilliant! We did loose a Busa in a turn that day.

I tried to find the link to post here but couldn't. It's a Busa on Mulholland Dr. here in California, and the guy riding it is scary good! It was a jaw dropper to watch how he road it. Of course much might depend on set-up, experience and heart. Changed my idea of what a Busa was capable of as did some riders have done on the FZ6. You won't impress me in a straight line. :spank:

I personally know the organizer of Busa Stampede, that occurs every year in Reno, Nev. His name is Scar, (I know his other name) and you'll likely make contact with him if you wish to pursue valuable information on the Hayabusa and the demographic of people that ride them.

I personally like the look of the ZX14 better.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Busa's are awesome machines... I hear they're great touring bikes, and they can be ridden fast in the canyons as well.... I remember seeing a Busa pass DefyIntertia on his track prepped FZ6 IN A TURN @ Willow Springs International Raceway last year... that guy knew how to ride that pig!!!

No my cup of tea at all in terms of aesthetics and the "going fast in a straight line" philosophy, but if you want one, get one!

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
i've heard they are almost unridable, might be better off with an r6 or r1, or just get a big muscle bike (rocket 3, b-king) :)

huh?

A Busa is 10 times MORE rideable than a R6 or R1 IMHO... they've got much better ergos, they are mroe comfy, smooth...etc... you name it.

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Dave!

I have never ridden a Hayabusa. That won't keep me from lending my opinion though!

I personally don't care for the looks. That should be completely irrelevant to you.

A couple things I would consider:

* You are going from a fast bike to an unbelievably fast bike. I would recommend perhaps going for something in between, like a liter bike. It would be cheaper to buy and insure and I would think easier to ride. Wavex seems to have a different opinion though.

* I know that I am barely "mature" enough to "handle" driving my '6 around other drivers. It's just so easy to hit the gas to get ahead of idiots. I know that I am not ready for a larger displacement, much-faster bike. Certainly I wasn't ready 8 years ago, when I was 25 myself, for a 600 even! :)

* This is an extremely personal thing/observation: every single person that I have personally met, run into, or seen on public highways, who rode a 'Busa, acted like a bit of a douche. I am not saying that there is causality, as in, "If you are a douche, you will ride this bike" or "Riding this bike turns one into a douche." Really I am not. I know there are normal, friendly, responsible Busa riders and owners. I hope to meet one, one day! But, in my own experience, there is some correlation. :D Flame on!

It all boils down to, you have to get what you want and (hopefully) consider what is prudent for you in terms of cost and self-control.

Ride safe and good luck man!

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
This should be the busa video Motogiro was talking about

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS5hl3ElcbU]YouTube - " Busa Falconer " on The Snake - Mulholland Hwy CA[/ame]

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

sixsix

Reaction score
Visit site
Ugliest bike on the road. Plus I think its a requirement that you have to be over 280 lbs to ride it...or at least everyone around here who rides them are that big and bigger. I'd get the zx14 over the busa.

Mexi-can't

Biker dude
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I personally like them although the styling is a bit bulbous. The only one I've ridden belonged to a buddy, first generation, full exhaust, power commander and -1+2 gearing. I weigh about 160lbs and looked a bit small on the bike. The acceleration was brutal and the bike would still hunker down the rear end and get light in front in fourth gear. I'd like to ride a stock one and see if it'd be more manageable. If you're looking at the Hayabusa don't rule out a Honda Blackbird or ZX-14.

Also you have to get past stuff like this :BLAA:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWnb4rPMUac]YouTube - Walk it Like a Motorbike - Hayabusa Music Video: Brought to you by Busaking.com[/ame]