Yes!!!

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ok whoever wants the mastercad files, please email me @ [email protected]

I do not have mastercad, but i got the files from the original guy who made the spacers. I can give you the files and you can burn them on a cd or disk or whatnot. find a local machinest (i used yahoo yellow pages under machine shop) call up, ask if they use mastercad. bring the files and get a price quote. Anyone can have the files FREE!!! but if you find a place that can do these for under $50 then please let the fourms know. the last quote i got was around $200 a set. Im sure they are alot of interested people here that would love to buy a set.

oh and if anyone has an ftp site where i could put these so i dont have to reply to hundreds of emails please let me know.

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
ok whoever wants the mastercad files, please email me @ [email protected]

I do not have mastercad, but i got the files from the original guy who made the spacers. I can give you the files and you can burn them on a cd or disk or whatnot. find a local machinest (i used yahoo yellow pages under machine shop) call up, ask if they use mastercad. bring the files and get a price quote. Anyone can have the files FREE!!! but if you find a place that can do these for under $50 then please let the fourms know. the last quote i got was around $200 a set. Im sure they are alot of interested people here that would love to buy a set.

oh and if anyone has an ftp site where i could put these so i dont have to reply to hundreds of emails please let me know.

Are these them? And if they are, are they 100% accurate to what I need? I'll talk to my friend. If he can get them done for cheap or cheaper the more he does I'll definately post the info on this.

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
I noticed they look like crap. But when I printed them off they look perfect. The problem I first had was the wheel spacer image was way too small to see anything. This is what I'm giving to my friend to make. Now all I need is the fender tabs from the other forum member.

Last edited:

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
I can see why the price was so high. Those are some seriously TIGHT tolerances. You can cut the price by loosening up some of them.

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
So my friend said he is going to try them in aluminum and see if they can take the beating to save weight and money. He does it in his spare time at work when its slow and said it should be done for next week which is right in time for the forks delivery :)

Then depending on how many people would actually be interested he could make more. I'm unsure of a price but it obviously would have to be attractive.
He is going off the sharkbait drawings.

Keep you posted.

as for the fender tabs I have a bunch of aluminum scraps laying around that i will make them with.

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
So my friend said he is going to try them in aluminum and see if they can take the beating to save weight and money. He does it in his spare time at work when its slow and said it should be done for next week which is right in time for the forks delivery :)

Then depending on how many people would actually be interested he could make more. I'm unsure of a price but it obviously would have to be attractive.

Keep you posted.

as for the fender tabs I have a bunch of aluminum scraps laying around that i will make them with.

I would NOT do them in aluminum. You really don't want to risk that. It's too soft, can't take the abuse, and the weight savings is next to nil on parts that small.

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
I thought that as well. I searched around and I saw a bunch of companies using 6061-t6 for spacers. Granted they were on cruisers. I am really unaware of the stresses placed on the spacers. if everything is right, there shouldn't be any lateral movement and id assume the pressure would be constant and not a pounding. Ill talk to him again.

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
I thought that as well. I searched around and I saw a bunch of companies using 6061-t6 for spacers. Granted they were on cruisers. I am really unaware of the stresses placed on the spacers. if everything is right, there shouldn't be any lateral movement and id assume the pressure would be constant and not a pounding. Ill talk to him again.

For the piece of mind, I'd go stainless all the way. I don't want to have to worry about my aluminum spacers wearing out partway through a long weekend ride.

On the weight side of things, here's a comparison:

Shim
Aluminum: .003 lb
SST: .009 lb

Spacer
Aluminum: .036 lb
SST: .106 lb

Really, you're not gaining anything by going to aluminum. The price of the stock may be cheaper, but that's about it.

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Im not trying to take anyones 401k. but I am not a machinest. I can simply have my set coppied by one and when I looked into the cost it was around $200 for everything. I am not making any money on this. So i am trying to help, but the lowest cost i can get is $200 for the set. I know. blows but whatcha gonna do. oh and my set will be leaving due to it being sold in about 2 weeks. but as i stated before. If someone needs the matercad files, just let me know and I'll email to you and you can try to get someone to make a set :)

Really, if you think about it, $200 is not much to have a machine shop actually fabricate these spacers for you, with shop labor being near a $100/hr.

The problem is the setup cost to make one set. If everyone on the site ordered a set (which I know is ridiculous) to do a conversion, then the price would be much less.

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Really, if you think about it, $200 is not much to have a machine shop actually fabricate these spacers for you, with shop labor being near a $100/hr.

The problem is the setup cost to make one set. If everyone on the site ordered a set (which I know is ridiculous) to do a conversion, then the price would be much less.

$200 is asinine.

These parts shouldn't be closer to $100 for the full set.

Like I said earlier, the tolerances that the part is drawn to is jacking the price WAY WAY up.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Keep you posted.

aluminum would work only for a short time. It just can stand the preasures and neews of stainless. sure they would work, but eventually they would crap out.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
04fizzer - then give me your email and I'll email you the mastercad files and you can go price them out with a machine shop. if you get a lower price, then please post from where so we have access to them as well.

once again. not trying to rob someone. but yes, it is expensive to get these done. as for loosening up the tolerences. thats your own accord. I woulnd not "play around" with stuff that could end up sending your wheel flying due to improper setups from imporperly machined parts. but its up to you. The files give you the exact info on how to make a set that will last you for a long time. its an expensive upgrade in the first place. seriously want to cheap out on parts?? Hopefully someone will find a place that will do them cheaply. I would have to check, but someone said ti correctly. the more you order, the cheaper it is. I recall the shop saying price breaks at 10 and 20 (not like i would make more than 20 at a time, unless interest was there). but its only a marginal differnence. say $180 if we could get 10 people to get them. but if anyone wants to check shop prices then email me and ill send you the mater cad files. [email protected]

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
They are here!!!!

Showed up at my door today and they look mint. Now I have to wait for my buddy to get to making my spacers. He said he had a big order come in for something so now it looks like they will be done for next week............kinda running out of nice weather!!!!! I can't imagine installing them and then having to wait over the winter to ride!

I hear the stock oil is 5w. Should I stay with those specs?