Yamaha gone honda in.

I have a theory mate. I reckon you change your bike as often as you change your briefs...............:eek:

Nice bike though

Nelly

dude you don't know how hard it was for me to not post your new bike on the forum.

here's the numbers posted by SportRider mag july of 07

1/4 mile

CBR1000RR 9.943 sec. @ 144.82 mph
YZF-R1 10.086 sec. @ 146.37 mph

horsepower; using a Dynojet dynamometer, hp at the rear wheel

CBR1000RR 146.0 @ 11400 rpm
YZF-R1 155.2 @ 12150 rpm

torque

CBR1000RR 74.4 @ 8650 rpm
YZF-R1 73.3 @ 9400 rpm

roll-ons

CBR1000RR; 60-80 2.97 sec ; 80-100 2.85 sec
YZF-R1 ; 60-80 2.92 sec ; 80-100 3.03 sec.

awesome bike!!! congrats!!!:thumbup:

Nice bike, congrats!

When are we riding again?

Thanks. I dont know but we will have to set something up soon. I was going to go to idyllwild tomorrow, but the wife has honeydos and the kids and wife are leaving for a week on monday.

But lets set something up.:thumbup:

just one question how do you compare a 98 R1 to a 06 CBR?.....

Well initial thought is the r1 hit harder, The cbr feels so spirited and light, the r1 was a workout to ride, the cbr has a more linear powerband but pulls like a mofo up top but still has gobs of torque at 4000 rpm. And honda does have reliability on ther side. I will post more as I ride.

Well initial thought is the r1 hit harder, The cbr feels so spirited and light, the r1 was a workout to ride, the cbr has a more linear powerband but pulls like a mofo up top but still has gobs of torque at 4000 rpm. And honda does have reliability on ther side. I will post more as I ride.

i think you miss understood me, basically what i meant is I hope the 06 is a much better bike than the 98 R1 that just makes sense if not then Yamaha would have given up a long time ago my point is in order to compare fairly it should be compared to a 06 R1 Thats all not putting anyone done or anything just saying that isn't fair to compare the two as in the cbr is a better bike i really hope the 06 cbr is better than the 98 R1 if not then honda is doing something wrong and what do you mean honda has reliability on their side? Yamaha is just as reliable if not more.... lil confused on what thats supposed to mean plus yamaha warrenty is much better... and a yamaha msrp for msrp is cheaper.... I think they are a great looking bike however I am not a big fan of any full out rocket not my cup of tea not comfortable at all for me... but to each their own!

How can he compare the 98 R1 to a 06 R1 when he's never owned an 06 R1? He's comparing the 98 R1 to his new CBR......I don't understand what you don't understand. :confused:

i think you miss understood me, basically what i meant is I hope the 06 is a much better bike than the 98 R1 that just makes sense if not then Yamaha would have given up a long time ago my point is in order to compare fairly it should be compared to a 06 R1 Thats all not putting anyone done or anything just saying that isn't fair to compare the two as in the cbr is a better bike i really hope the 06 cbr is better than the 98 R1 if not then honda is doing something wrong and what do you mean honda has reliability on their side? Yamaha is just as reliable if not more.... lil confused on what thats supposed to mean plus yamaha warrenty is much better... and a yamaha msrp for msrp is cheaper.... I think they are a great looking bike however I am not a big fan of any full out rocket not my cup of tea not comfortable at all for me... but to each their own!
Well you asked me a question, quote the ? at the end of your post. So I answered it. If you wanted to be a smart a$$ you should of not asked me a QUESTION.

just one question how do you compare a 98 R1 to a 06 CBR?.....

Sorry If I sound rude but read your post again, you asked me a question and I gave you a legitimate answer. If you wanted to bash you should of asked,
(HOW CAN YOU COMPARE A 98R1 TO A 06 CBR!)

...just saying that isn't fair to compare the two...
I guess it's not fair for the magazines to compare Honda to Kawi to Suzuki to Yamaha either. I mean after all, they are different manufacturers. I guess it wasn't fair for me to compare my FZ6 to my R1 either.

i wasn't being a smart a$$. seriously think about it I hope that CBR is a much nicer bike! that is all i said wow didn't mean to insult you... thats special.... MY POINT WAS THERE IS NO COMPARISON..... They are two totally different bikes..... many years of technology different. That is like comparing the new Cruisers to cruisers from the 80's there is no comparison....

Last edited:
I guess it's not fair for the magazines to compare Honda to Kawi to Suzuki to Yamaha either. I mean after all, they are different manufacturers. I guess it wasn't fair for me to compare my FZ6 to my R1 either.

the magazines compare current model years thats the only way to compare a bike.....

the magazines compare current model years thats the only way to compare a bike.....

Yes, but they compare with different manufacturers.... and you said yourself....he should be comparing the 98 R1 to an 06 R1.

Yes, but they compare with different manufacturers.... and you said yourself....he should be comparing the 98 R1 to an 06 R1.

i said current model years that means a 1998-1998 or a 2006-2006 however they did the R1 that was same brand thats a totally different comparison.....

Back