Yamaha, Give me Patience!!!

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
So after a long time I decided to remove the nuts holding the exhaust to the engine. They were pretty badly rusted and so is the bolt going into the engine. It was so bad I couldn't actually remove the silver "cap" on only one of the exhaust pipes to remove the exhaust from the bike....so enough is enough...i'm going to buy new nuts and bolts!!!

But!! You guys in America get the parts cheap and the shipping for you guys is cheap. If i were to get the same parts sent to me here in Ireland i'd pay 137 dollars on shipping...what bull**** is this??

Ok I'm just frustrated after my day with a bike that yamaha put non stainless steel parts onto.

Can someone help me out with this? Do you know of any companies online in America that will ship to Europe at a descent price or one in Europe that doesn't charge twice the price of any american site i've seen so far?

The parts I will need are:

GASKET,EXST PIPE for 2007 Yamaha FZS6WC/FZS6W
3YF-14613-01-00
$2.95

NUT,SPEC'L SHAPE for 2007 Yamaha FZS6WC/FZS6W
90179-08410-00
$1.69

BOLT,STUD 3 for 2007 Yamaha FZS6WC/FZS6W
95617-08625-00
$0.96

Thanks for any input on this.

mellofelow

Reaction score
Visit site
Only fair that I return a favor to help you out. Since I don't know the weight of the products and destination, use this link to figure out how much it will cost to ship to you from Los Angeles, California, USA, (zipcode 90630)

Postage Price Calculator

outkast

Reaction score
Visit site
Only fair that I return a favor to help you out. Since I don't know the weight of the products and destination, use this link to figure out how much it will cost to ship to you from Los Angeles, California, USA, (zipcode 90630)

Postage Price Calculator

If you tick the 'gift' box on the export form,
Schorfonic wont have to pay import duty and it costs you nothing.

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the link mellofellow. I could only put in the destination for where I want it to go (couldn't include your address etc..)

I'm having a guess but I put in 25 ounces for the lot in a large envelope just to find the price and its about 11 to 25 dollars depending on what you need.

I've sent an email to the Yamaha shop I bought my bike from in Northern Ireland and I'll await their reply to give me a quote. If they are too expensive could I possibly buy the item and sent it to your house address and then send you money to have it posted to me? If its not too much trouble of course :)

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
If you tick the 'gift' box on the export form,
Schorfonic wont have to pay import duty and it costs you nothing.

O good point and before I forget, If I do have to go the US route with this the packages the nuts and bolts come in have to be opened and binned...loose nuts in a package will be regarded as a gift while a sealed package from a shop will lead to me having to pay import tax on it...

A friend of mine buys alot of hunting equipment from America and got stung with sealed packages around the items he bought so from now on his relations take the purchases from the packets and put them loose into any envelope they send over.

:rockon:

mellofelow

Reaction score
Visit site
You need:

4 GASKET 3YF-14613-01-00 (#3 in the picture)

8 NUT,SPEC'L SHAPE 90179-08410-00 (#4 in the picture)

But I don't see BOLT,STUD 95617-08625-00

Use this link My Yamaha Prompt - Parts Catalog

partimage.gifx

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
Just waiting on Charles Hurst to get back to me to see which option is cheaper. The UK/Europe is quite a bit more expensive for the same materials when compared to the US.

I think I worked it out before that in the US it was about 30 euro while here it is about 55 euro. And 55 euro for nuts and bolts is robbery!

FZ6-ZN

Insert nonsense here
Reaction score
Visit site
Scorphonic

I've checked the list price of the parts you require in SA Rands. The total price in Rands is R281.35 (20.93 Euro)

I get 20% discount from Yamaha being a Race Team Member so I could get the parts for R225.08 (16.75 Euro) + Postage

PM me if your interested.

FZ6-ZN (Toni)

GASKET,EXST PIPE for 2007 Yamaha FZS6WC/FZS6W
3YF-14613-01-00
R20.30 + 14% VAT (160 on back order)

NUT,SPEC'L SHAPE for 2007 Yamaha FZS6WC/FZS6W
90179-08410-00
R10.25 + 14% VAT (In stock)

BOLT,STUD 3 for 2007 Yamaha FZS6WC/FZS6W
95617-08625-00
R10.45 + 14% VAT (7 in stock, 5 on back order)

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just waiting on Charles Hurst to get back to me to see which option is cheaper. The UK/Europe is quite a bit more expensive for the same materials when compared to the US.

I think I worked it out before that in the US it was about 30 euro while here it is about 55 euro. And 55 euro for nuts and bolts is robbery!
Thats madness mate, I ask a stupid question and get a sensible answer.

Nelly

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You need a couple of gaskets and a few exhaust bolts and you want to ship them from outside the UK. This sounds barking mad to me. Don`t forget the tax you can be charged for bringing them in from a non EU country.

If it was a bike seat or something larger but for this amount of gear, get it from your local bike dealer.

Steve