YAMAHA FZ6 Comfort Gel Seat Black 2007-2009 Sport Street NEW

Mississippi

Reaction score
Visit site
I do not know if anyone is interested, but I found what appears to be a decent price on the seat.

Yamaha
Item #: ABA-4S821-00-00
Compare At: $259.95
Our Price: $161.99
Quantity:
CONDITION: Brand New more info
AVAILABILITY: Special Order - 7-10 Days more info
MANUFACTURER PART NUMBER: ABA-4S821-00-00
BRAND: Yamaha
MODEL: FZ6 Comfort Seat
FINISH: Black
APPLICATION/FITMENT: 2007-2009 FZ6
ELIGIBLE FOR COMBINED SHIPPING?: Yes

Description
Sizing/Fitment Notes

A layer of gel is built into this seat to increase rider and passenger comfort. A unique carbon fiber weave pattern used in key areas for extra grip.

h2o_boy

Reaction score
Visit site
Thats the same site I got mine from. Only complaint is that it seemed to take quite awhile for it to actually arrive at my door.

h2o_boy

Reaction score
Visit site
I can't see why that seat wouldn't fit on an 04-06 model.

It fits fine on my 05 and 06.

As far as whether it's better than stock? I think it's alot better than stock. When I sit on my stock seat after the gel seat it feels like I'm sitting on carboard with a little piece of foam on top.
Although I only here good stuff about the Corbin seats I have never tried one out.

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
You guys just sold it to me. I knew the stock seat sucked, but I didn't want to dish out the money for the corbin, so I guess this is my best bet.

djsegura

Reaction score
Visit site
You guys just sold it to me. I knew the stock seat sucked, but I didn't want to dish out the money for the corbin, so I guess this is my best bet.

If you havent order already this company has this as a ebay item also (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMA...5525118QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories) and it is buy it now or best offer so you can get it even cheaper if they accept your offer and also if you are a ebay member you may have gotten a coupon for 15% off because the launch of the new ebay motors so makes it even cheaper. Also it shows they have 5 of them so hopefuly that means they are in stock. I just ordered mine so we will see when it comes.

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
YAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!! The whole seat issue is a real pain in the A$$!!!!

I have been drooling over that seat from the frenchies. That is the one that I really want. I just cant swallow a $400 seat. Cant pay for one either :)

But I am going on a cross-country extravaganza and the the stock seat just wont do it. I have read that the comfort seat....... well, it just aint that comfortable. Will some folks, H20boy maybe, speak up and tell me if this is worthwhile? While i dont have the dough to drop on that Top Saddlery one, I also dont want to waste money on a seat that is only a marginal improvement.

Maybe this si not the right thread for this but it seems I/we need some input b4 making the purchase.

A little help? Hell, I'm thinking about finding a source for extra thick gel and buying the top saddlery covers.

h2o_boy

Reaction score
Visit site
Lemme know when you wanna come sit on it for awhile Doc...... the seat that is :Flip:

We can go for a ride or something and you can check it out.

doc_simple

Meat Popsickle
Reaction score
Visit site
for anyone who's interested I tried the comfort seat and found it was not to my taste. It's a little wider than the stock, which is nice, but the gel is kinda hard. I can see where some would like it but I will hold out for a better option.

derf

Reaction score
Visit site
for anyone who's interested I tried the comfort seat and found it was not to my taste. It's a little wider than the stock, which is nice, but the gel is kinda hard. I can see where some would like it but I will hold out for a better option.

so doc, was it more slippery than the stock? I'd like to try the comfort seat but don't want to give up on the 'traction' I get with the stocker.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Visit site
I also have a Comfort Gel seat I intend to put on ebay at some point. It was used very little before I got my TS seat and is in excellent condition. I will sell it for 120 + shipping. If anyone is interested, let me know. By the way, I also have the stock seat that I intend to sell.

derf

Reaction score
Visit site
I also have a Comfort Gel seat I intend to put on ebay at some point. It was used very little before I got my TS seat and is in excellent condition. I will sell it for 120 + shipping. If anyone is interested, let me know. By the way, I also have the stock seat that I intend to sell.

AJ, any thoughts on the butt 'traction' on the comfort seat compared to the stocker?

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought one from RonAyers for I think $156 delivered. But before I recommended RonAyers to another member talking about a comfort seat I rechecked and they either did not stock it anymore or it was like 10% off list.

So, $161 is an excellent price.

And I really like mine. It is much better than stock and much less expensive than the custom seats. It is more rounded so it does not cut you in the inner thiegh like the stock seat. But I wish the gel pad was bigger. Still overall I'm very happy I bought it.