WTB Tank bolts

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
Had 1 bolt that fell out that secures the front of the tank to the frame. If anyone is doing a part out or has ordered extra of these, I'm looking for 1.

Part # 90110-06079-00

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
Smaller hardware stores like Ace or True Value usually have a good selection of metric stuff, and they sell them individually. I don't even bother looking Home Depot or Lowes for metric nuts-n-bolts.

AthensGA37

Reaction score
Visit site
If all else fails, you can go to bikebandit.com

I recently noticed a screw that holds my front fender on (the one on the side) which is pretty unique as far as i know, had fallen off. You can order any individual part from that site and it lets you see the schematics to find out what you need. Pretty helpful. you still have to pay shipping though.

May not help on this case (since its apparently a common bolt) but for future reference if you or anyone else who needs an OEM screw/bolt/grommet or anything else...

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Also a marine store will probably have a stainless steel version which I think is what the tank bolt are...:D

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was going to go outside and take one out of my bike and check but it's too cold. A quick search tells me it is M6 x 15mm, slightly longer would also work but M6 is the thread (according to the service manual).

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys, I have yet to check out Ace hardware, I'll do that today. Lowes, Home Depot, Menards had the size in stock, or close to it, but weren't stainless.

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If the bolt is gone the washer is probably gone as well, make sure you buy a nice big flat washer or it will damage the rubber mounting. I took one out of my bike today and the threaded bolt is about 15mm long, the washer is about 20mm diameter.

bolt2.jpg

bolt1.jpg

nsaP

Reaction score
Visit site
Loctite is probably a good idea as well. I just lost both of mine yesterday after failing to tighten them enough and not using any thread locker. I found this thread to try to figure out the bolt size.