WTB: Handlebar and Front Stay

Lucifer Caitiff

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone,
I'm new to the forum, but I've got 30k miles on the clock of the 07 FZ6 that I bought new.

I went down about 2 weeks ago, some clown merged into me with a sudden illegal lane change at about 35mph. My insurance co has finally given me the check. I really only care about making the bike run perfect, the body work I'm going to deal with later.

All I really need to get the bike solid again are a handlebar and the front stay (that bracket that mounts to the frame, holds all the plastics). I'm going to reuse all the plastics cause like I said, I don't care about that.

Does anyone have these two parts available? How much?
thanks

Lucifer Caitiff

Reaction score
Visit site
Sent a PM, thanks for replying! Hopefully i'll be back on the road soon.

Mechanic was going to charge me full retail, but that sucks cause he doesn't even make money off of parts.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Visit site
I had a bent handlebar a while back and had to get a new one. I ordered it through my local yamaha shop. I was very surprised at how cheap it was. i Can't remember the price but I think it was less than $35 or so. You might not be able to find a used one and have it shipped as cheaply as you could get it from the yamaha store.

Lucifer Caitiff

Reaction score
Visit site
yeah, I'm not entirely worried about the bar. I have until tomorrow to decide. Strangely enough, my chiropractor that's handling my crash recovery owns an FZ1, I left a message with his assistant, hope I hear back tomorrow. He upgraded to a pro taper bar, I want to see if he still has his original bar. If not I'll probably just get an fz1 bar from my mechanics source.

I just don't want to spend that much money on the front stay. At the end of the day it's a cosmetic piece, aside from its function of holding the lights on. It's not what is absolutely needed to get the thing back on the road. I told my mechanic if I can't find one I'll try to bend it back myself. The important part is the front fork, I need him for that.