Would exhaust mod affect reliability?

jsalman93

Reaction score
Visit site
So i changed my 06 fz6 from the stock exhaust to a leo vince pipe (cat removed). I'm just wondering if this will cause it to run too lean or ultimately affect the reliability of my bike. I know that the feul injection should change according to the increase in air, but i dont know if ill need to remap or anything. Also i have a K&N air filter (not sure if that would be too relevant)

red06

Reaction score
Visit site
it won't affect anything the bikes computer can adjust to the small changes

Last edited:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
So i changed my 06 fz6 from the stock exhaust to a leo vince pipe (cat removed). I'm just wondering if this will cause it to run too lean or ultimately affect the reliability of my bike. I know that the feul injection should change according to the increase in air, but i dont know if ill need to remap or anything. Also i have a K&N air filter (not sure if that would be too relevant)

To answer your question on reliability, if you leave I just how it is a long ways down the road you will probably will start to experience burnt valves and other issues if you don't get it tuned. Unplugging the battery and letting it sit for a min or so before hooking it back up will let the ecu "relearn" the bikes fueling needs, but the is very little the ecu can do by itself. Right now with a cat eliminator, exhaust and a k&n filter you are running fairly lean and lean means hotter, hotter can mean problem causing in the future.

If you can afford to get a PCIII and a tune right now you could also do the CO adjustment and start to run higher octane fuel which will help with the lean situation.

Marcelor73

Reaction score
Visit site
The bike's ecu will NOT compensate for changes and unplugging the battery will NOT make the bike learn the new set up.

The only way to adjust the fueling is through a new map. Whether sending the ecu out to get reprogrammed or via a power commander or similar device.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

njbill

Reaction score
Visit site
The bike's ecu will NOT compensate for changes and unplugging the battery will NOT make the bike learn the new set up.

The only way to adjust the fueling is through a new map. Whether sending the ecu out to get reprogrammed or via a power commander or similar device.

+1... get an efi tuner. They are very easy to use.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site

It does help, but very little however there is only so much the ecu can do by itself, this has been discussed a million times and it does help but yes a dyno tune is the best hands down