Wiring help please

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,
I bought these LED Blinker Genies to wire to some front LED turn signals so I could still have my running lights.

Custom LED Blinker Genie Relay - Convert 2 wire LED blinker to 3 wire

My question is there are three wires(red, white, and black) to splice into my wiring harness but there is only one yellow wire on the other end of the relay that goes to the turn signal. I know I splice this into the power wire on the turn signal but then what do I do with the ground(black wire) of the turn signal?

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So your LEDs are just a single wire?

First determine the polarity of your new single wire blinkers. Connect the single output of the converter to that input. The return path will be from the bikes 3 wires which BLACK is ground.

On the Bike:
Left blink is BROWN - connect to proper converter input
Right blink is GREEN - connect to proper converter input

Running lights: Light Blue/Red trace (on w/key) - connect to proper converter input

Looks like you have a 50/50 chance on the converter input wires, although it may not matter!

Let me know if you have any questions.

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
The turn signal has two wires. The power and the ground. While the end of the relay that connects to the turn signal only has one wire, the power, and the other end of the relay has the three wires(red, white, and black) that connect to my harness. Not sure what to do with the black wire from the turn signal.

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
The installation diagram under the installation tab here shows that the black wire from the turn signal goes to the black wire on the "blinker Genie" (Ground wire) or am I missing something?

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
The installation diagram under the installation tab here shows that the black wire from the turn signal goes to the black wire on the "blinker Genie" (Ground wire) or am I missing something?

Yes I wondered that as well and if that's the case then what do I do with the black wire (ground) of the bike's wiring harness? Do all three get spliced together?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes I wondered that as well and if that's the case then what do I do with the black wire (ground) of the bike's wiring harness? Do all three get spliced together?

Yes all the grounds get tied together They are the common return. :)