Wife on the bike!!!

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
For the first time since college - a few decades, my wonderfull wife went along for a ride!!! :D

I was shocked a few weekends ago when she said we should get her a helmet for our anniversary, SHOCKED! Then weather, schedules, etc. conspired to delay the first ride. Until today. We took a 40 mile ride at the end of the day on a slightly winding state route. The pic is us, incognito, in front of Belleville Dam on the Ohio.

'Twas a great day!

picture.php

Last edited:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
excellent, my wife comes out about every 2 months
Its kinda nice!

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, she gave a thumbs up at the end and was asking about a backrest - which I was expecting. :thumbup:

I just can't ask too often cause I know her well and she'd be more likely to resist. I'll let it build slowly.

Guess it's time to take another look at Corbins. :rolleyes:

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Why didn't you buy her a Shoei too, you tightwad! :spank:

j/k :D

Knew I'd catch crap for that! :Flash:

The funny answer is that I need to maintain my cred as a penny pinching Pennsylvania Dutchman.

But the real answer is that she wanted to get the helmet NOW! and not later when we could get to a larger venue. Our local shops only carry entry level gear. They can order anything, but... Anyway, she decided she wanted a modular version. But I think she'll get over that as she gets used to the time spent with the chin bar down.

No matter, I'm just very happy that she went on the ride and is willing, sometime, to go again. My next bribe will be to take her past a llama farm. She loves to see those critters!

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Hey!

We did a second ride today. Our neighbor and his wife, passenger, invited us along for a ride towards the south along some great sweeps and twisties. We stopped in Point Pleasant WV and took some pics, including this one of Mothman (a goofy local legend).

This ride was a bit over 160 miles. Other than going a bit too long without a break on the last leg, she had no complaints. Except that she really wants a backrest. So I called Corbin and it's in the mail. Carbon fiber - esque finish.

Tightwad, my ...A$$ :D

http://www.600riders.com/forum/album.php?albumid=1468&pictureid=10015

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Hey!

We did a second ride today. Our neighbor and his wife, passenger, invited us along for a ride towards the south along some great sweeps and twisties. We stopped in Point Pleasant WV and took some pics, including this one of Mothman (a goofy local legend).

This ride was a bit over 160 miles. Other than going a bit too long without a break on the last leg, she had no complaints. Except that she really wants a backrest. So I called Corbin and it's in the mail. Carbon fiber - esque finish.

Tightwad, my ...A$$ :D

http://www.600riders.com/forum/album.php?albumid=1468&pictureid=10015

As a wife new into riding (my 3rd season), I was going to recommend making it a social thing - another couple and/or a meal out and/or fun destination. I think you figured that out. I had a co-worker ask me about a year ago, "how did your husband get you into riding motorcycles?" He wanted his wife to go target shooting with him. I suggested making it social He did and she is hooked now. This technique will work for just about anything you want a woman to do with you. :cheer:

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As a wife new into riding (my 3rd season), I was going to recommend making it a social thing - another couple and/or a meal out and/or fun destination. I think you figured that out. I had a co-worker ask me about a year ago, "how did your husband get you into riding motorcycles?" He wanted his wife to go target shooting with him. I suggested making it social He did and she is hooked now. This technique will work for just about anything you want a woman to do with you. :cheer:

My girlfriend won't know what hit her. ';,,;'

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Excellent advice Monica. (Been working that approach for months now.)

Careful there or you'll get in trouble for teaching men how to "manipulate" their women.:eek:

Or you might become a marriage counselor who's famous for helping couples find common interests/activities, specializing in non-traditional (for girls) things that are fast, loud, or both.

The next step in the plan is to get her interested in her own bike. But that will take a while to develop. Hehe...

mdfb42

Reaction score
Visit site

What happens when you have a shy homebody wife like me? Haha

mdfb42

Reaction score
Visit site
Hmm... I guess my suggestions don't work for everyone but it worked for me and my co-workers wife. What got you into riding?

Haha you can call my wife and I yin and yang. I grew up on dirt bikes and atvs always looking for the next adrenaline rush/challenge.

She on the other hand grew up making sure she was a week ahead on her homework at all times haha.

04fizzer

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, she gave a thumbs up at the end and was asking about a backrest - which I was expecting. :thumbup:

I just can't ask too often cause I know her well and she'd be more likely to resist. I'll let it build slowly.

Guess it's time to take another look at Corbins. :rolleyes:

My wife's the opposite. She gets mad when I go out without her!