Who here likes Jeeps?

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
We check craigslist frequently and get some great deals. The black one I got for $600 (no major issues, my dd.), the teal one we got for $200 (owner thought blown motor, just neutral safety switch was bad. Runs great.), and the red one we got for $160 (had to swap motor with a spare we always keep). The dark green one has been stroked out to 4.6, port and polished head, bigger TB, K&N intake and has full borla exhaust, been lowered 1.5", has Bilstein shocks and Yokohama 255 tires all around with an aftermarket LSD. (My oldest brothers race car lol. We have had it up to about 140mph so far hahaha) The grey one is one my other brother bought while stationed in England with the Navy. (European versions have awesome leather interiors and trim.) I'll post up some vids of how mean that stroker sounds later. :rockon:

dscn0133.jpg

dscn0137.jpg

dscn0140.jpg

dscn0141.jpg

dscn0142.jpg

dscn0143.jpg

dscn0145.jpg

dscn0146.jpg

dscn0147.jpg

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
I like Jeeps, but damn... looks like you REALLY like Jeeps!!!

I had a 1989 Cherokee Laredo 2 door with the 4.0 liter I-6 motor. That Jeep was a 4-wheelin machine. I did a 3 inch suspension lift and was turning 33x10.5" Boggers. I still kick myself in the butt for selling that Jeep, I really miss it.

n.e.mich

Reaction score
Visit site
Bought a brand new Cherokee Sport in 1993. The rear main seal went out of it 3 times in the first 2600 miles I owned it.
The dealer bought it back from me and I haven't (and never will) owned a jeep since.

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
Bought a brand new Cherokee Sport in 1993. The rear main seal went out of it 3 times in the first 2600 miles I owned it.
The dealer bought it back from me and I haven't (and never will) owned a jeep since.

Yea those are the most common issue almost any Jeep has. Other than that, those motors are probably one of the most reliable out there.

FizzySix

Drunken Philosopher
Reaction score
Visit site

I like whatever she likes. If it's Wranglers, they are my new favorite vehicle. :thumbup:

Seriously, I would love to have a Wrangler to play around on during the summer, and to work on, but then my FZ6 would get lonely, I don't need 2 summer vehicles.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
Four XJs? DAMN!
They're all I6's right? none of that 4banger crap?

I've got a WJ, I had the choice of turning it into a rock crawler, or buying the FZ6.

slikfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
I kinda like XJ's too! :rockon: This is our BAJA-XJ 4x4 CLUB down in TJ, I'm the red one on the second pic.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
All those jeeps. Park em in one place for a day, then scrape up the dirt that was under them and make a fortune extracting the oil.

:Flip:

CdnMedic

Reaction score
Visit site
I guess I like jeeps... My uncle and I have restored about 7 willy's jeeps, even 1 ford GP! Have had all in totall, close to 20 jeeps between the 2 of us, including one with 44 inch super swampers, a 350 chev with a turbo 400 and 1 ton axles and about 13" of lift. A scrambler, Yjs, XJs, everything. The current jeep is a 48 willys frame with a 72 cj body and a 3.8 v-6 buick motor, lots of custom bits to it. We're working on converting it to a diesel at the moment...
So yea, our jeep parade is even bigger than the one in the main pic lol... But that deffinately is impressive!

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
All those jeeps. Park em in one place for a day, then scrape up the dirt that was under them and make a fortune extracting the oil.

:Flip:

ROFL that is too true hahahaha

And awesome pics Slik. I wish mine (the black/gold one) was a 4x4. I would totally lift it and go off-roading. Between my immediate family (Father, 3 brothers and myself) we have 7 XJs. And if you notice the license plate of the dark green one it is "280 XJ6" He wanted just 280 XJ but they wouldnt let him, so he put 6 for the I6. 280=cubic inches of the stroked 4.0 to 4.6

Last edited:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site

Maycyn

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd say we're pretty big Jeep fans around here. We've got a Grand Cherokee for a daily driver (when there just too much snow for our bikes) and then this big beautiful boy here to play in :

maycyn-albums-general-picture3086-mud-061beta.jpg

The last time we got pretty stuck.

maycyn-albums-general-picture3085-img-6898-jpgbeta.jpg

Playing on a lake in the snow.

maycyn-albums-general-picture3011-bikey-004beta.jpg

And with the rest of our toys =)

slikfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
This is where we play, Tecate B.C. Mexico, and yes, it's where they make the beer TECATE. Cheers!

Last edited: