White smoke from bottom of the engine

darth47

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

I'm offshore currently but my bro starts my bike and runs it for 15 mins a week for me, today he told me he saw white smoke coming from the below the engine, I asked for a pic and he sent this. Could the exhaust be cracked or broken? Or could it be oil burning of the bottom of the bike?

I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks.

PS: I know it's dirty... looks like it was ridden on some bad roads.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm thinking something foreign (what?) burned off the header where it's a different color (brownish). Does the bike sound the same?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Looking at your pic's, it appears you have a slight oil leak, (probably the oil drain plug) at the front of your oil pan (its dark and damp).

Likely the oil, over time, is creeping down to lowest part of the engine, then dripping on the header, then burning off, this the smoke...

Probably nothing major, a closer look (pic) from the other side would probably be more helpfull. You want to find exactly where the dark(dampness) begins, that's where your problem will be...

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Clean the hippopotamus poop off the front of that motor and see if you can see an oil leak! :eek:

Oil is probably dripping down on the exhaust.. :)

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Q? Is that how you left it or did Bro kindly take it in the Baja 1000 and trash it? It could just be steam from the previous mud bath which needs to evaporate.

You could win the dirty Fizzer award with that shot! :BLAA:

darth47

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the responses, I think it's some external matter being burnt or evaporated.

He took the bike for a ride on some dirt road, noticed the smoke and sent me d pix. He'll clean her up.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
As others have said, first step is to get the bike cleaned up to be able to look for leaks. Additionally, white smoke is typically water based substance whereas blueish smoke is typically oil based substance. If it's truly white, it's likely just crap caked on the bottom of the bike. If it's bluish, as other's have said, I'd check the drain bolt as it looks like a little collection is leaking there.