Which tips for Two Brothers?

Nolift911

Reaction score
Visit site
Was about to order my Two Brothers titanium exhaust and was not sure which tips...

Was thinking about the P1 but there is a P1X also - which further quiets and also may bring back some of the low end torque which might be missing from the lower restriction...

Any thoughts?

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
I went with the P1 tips (not the P1-R), but I've heard good things about the newer P1X tips as they have an acutal 'tube' that goes down into the muffler, futher reducing the dB output. I'm actually looking at changing over to the P1X tips.

I didn't notice a whole lot of difference with the P1 tips, not as much as I was hoping anyway.

Boneman's FZ6 Site - Two Brothers P-1 dB Killer Inserts

Nolift911

Reaction score
Visit site
I guess this is where the confusion comes in on these pipes - some people are like tips? Why do you need tips - its great as is...

Others are like the P1's are not quiet enough...

Hard to make a decision when there is such a wide array of thoughts on the loudness of these pipes.

Are these annoyingly loud like a v-twin bike with open exhaust or just deep and burbly?

There has to be some middle ground...

Slug

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the P1-Xs and they are just right. Neighbors don't complain but definitely louder than stock. Sound aggressive.

Nolift911

Reaction score
Visit site
I guess I "guessed" coirrectly - ordered the P1-x's with my recent order.

I am more concerned about restoring some of the lost low end torque and this might be the ticket adding more restriction to the open exhaust.

jkim

Reaction score
Visit site
I guess I "guessed" coirrectly - ordered the P1-x's with my recent order.

I am more concerned about restoring some of the lost low end torque and this might be the ticket adding more restriction to the open exhaust.

I have a 2008 CBR1000RR and with my juice box and two brothers, bike does feel a lot slower all around, low, mid, and upper rev range. 1st and 2nd, and 3rd bike does seem more explosive but only at very top third of rpm. Bike feels sluggish anything less. THe p1x tip has greatly increased my low and mid range torque

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a 2008 CBR1000RR and with my juice box and two brothers, bike does feel a lot slower all around, low, mid, and upper rev range. 1st and 2nd, and 3rd bike does seem more explosive but only at very top third of rpm. Bike feels sluggish anything less. THe p1x tip has greatly increased my low and mid range torque

:welcome:jkim!

Is your bike dyno'd with the Juice Box or is it a generic map?

I have the P1X tips cuz my bike is so effin loud with out them. They do work (about 7-8 Db compared to the P1R or P1 tip Maybe (2-3 Db)

jkim

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:jkim!

Is your bike dyno'd with the Juice Box or is it a generic map?

I have the P1X tips cuz my bike is so effin loud with out them. They do work (about 7-8 Db compared to the P1R or P1 tip Maybe (2-3 Db)

No I have never had it dyno'd so really cannot say. When it was stock, I opened it up in 3rd gear but never 1st or 2nd. With Juice Box and Two brothers and Zbomb ignition retarder I have gave it gas in 1st but never really cracking throttle all the way, kind of did a roll on and bike did seem like it wanted to flip. I backed off because I was too chicken to really go for it. Regardless I think my bike is a lot faster all around with P1X tip in place and Juice Box. Having no back pressure bike seems really peaky as far as power and the powerband is very narrow where as the P1X tip it is more lineer like stock . I love the sound of the two brothers but performance seems awful. The pipe is also way too loud in spite of the great sound. The tip makes it seem too civilized however.

blitzcraig

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a set of both kinds. I do love to ride sometimes without the tips, but it gets to be a lot on longer trips. I got the P1 tips and have thought they didn't do too much, then I got a set of P1X tips and thought they quiet it too much. Right now I have a P1X tip in the right can as that gets more airflow exhaust flow than the left, and a P1 in the left can. Visually you really can't tell the difference between the two, but if you do notice I think it looks kinda neat. I also think the sound now is perfect :thumbup: It only takes a few minutes to swap them out and it's fun to change it up from time to time.