Which Seat? Corbin or TopSaddlery?

What's your pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i have a corbin adn can report that it is great.. worth every penny.. oh and i have heard good things about TS too..

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you get a Corbin, do not order online. Call them and speak to a person about concerns such as the rake and how slippery they reportedly are. Corbin is more than happy to customize the seat the first time and make it right for you to include removing the rake, building up the horn at the tank and a material that isn't slippery. Typically at none to little extra cost too. Corbin states on their site that their seats will take you at least 1000 miles to break in to your form and fit.

Top Saddlery is what I ordered because it seems to have these features already build in and is more on the plush than firm side. There is no break-in with their seats. And, as you've stated, no one has complained (that I'm aware of) about these seats.

Corbin is better for track/aggressive riding. People who weigh under 180 lbs complain less about a Corbin than those over this weight.

Top Saddlery is more of a touring seat built for comfort but can be used easily for aggressive riding.

These are not ALL factual, just based on a lot of reading I've done on a few sites and a ton of consideration over buying a seat, so much consideration that I am on my second FZ6 and am now just clicking the "Check Out" in France! :D

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i don't have either one, but after looking at the both of them i will be going with the TOPSADDLERY when the $$$$ come in. There are a lot of options you can do on the TOPSADDLERY, so when it's time i will place the order. But what is the difference between the seat and the seat cover. Does the cover just go on top of our seat, where as the seat replaces out old one. I hope that made sense.

ddg

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ordered a TS last night mainly for the reasons stated above. I have never read a bad review for the quality of their seat but there seems to be a bit of a wait sometimes. With a corbin seat there a mixed reviews.

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I went with the Corbin. It just arrived a few days ago and seems very well made. I would have gone the TS route if the exchange rate had been more favorable. When I first started looking, the TS would have been the same price as the Corbin. When I did the ordering (about six weeks ago) the TS was $220 more than the Corbin. So I called Corbin and told them what I was looking for. To avoid being slippery, stick with the stock Corbin leather, there synthetic stuff can be slippery, at least according to the nice lady I talked too.

I have only been around the block, so I only have about 20 minutes of stationary sitting and a short ride for opinions. I can say that it is worlds better than the stock seat, the Corbin seems to eliminate the few pressure points that caused discomfort with the stock seat.

thorpe

Reaction score
Visit site
From what I heard, I would go for the TS although I didn't try it yet. Maybe a bit off topic, but I recently got a Bagster. Feels very good. I posted a few photos under Product reviews. A better review will follow after a longer ride.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i don't have either one, but after looking at the both of them i will be going with the TOPSADDLERY when the $$$$ come in. There are a lot of options you can do on the TOPSADDLERY, so when it's time i will place the order. But what is the difference between the seat and the seat cover. Does the cover just go on top of our seat, where as the seat replaces out old one. I hope that made sense.

You are correct. The cover is designed to replace what you have on your pan. You would remove what is there and place this over your pan and staple it in place. I am unsure if their "cover" includes the foam built-in and you need to strip your pan or is it a cover with a smaller amount of foam to "shim" areas where they've changed the shape. We'd all be thankful to anyone who can find out this information, the cost difference and then post up!?!? :D

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
TS and Corbin have a basic shape for the cover. If you need the seat padding altered in such a way that there basic cover does not fit, you have to pay for a custom seat cover. At least that is my basic understanding. With the Corbin the seat pan is included, with the TS, you pay extra for the pan or ship them your current seat. Both companies have a wide selection for seat cover materials, it all depends on what you want to pay. I think the standard leather on the Corbin (has vinyl sides) is plenty grippy, about the same at the stock seat.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So, as I am browsing my favorite forum here, I get a call from the front desk... a package is here for me.

Yes! The Top Saddlery seat has ARRIVED! And it looks fantastic! I suddenly feel the urge to go home sick! :rof: But I won't.... I'll post some pics tonight but I love this design. The seat material is the texture of suede and is the most non-slippery stuff you can park your arse on. The rake is gone and the nose is really built up well! "Da Boyz" will be happy if they slide forward into this pillow!

YAHOOOOOO!!!!

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
Crap - I was hoping mine would show up before yours so I could give you a big "HA HA" :justkidding:

Glad you got it so quickly and it's living up to expectations. I'm looking forward to getting mine tomorrow.

F

FZSex

Crap - I was hoping mine would show up before yours so I could give you a big "HA HA" :justkidding:

Glad you got it so quickly and it's living up to expectations. I'm looking forward to getting mine tomorrow.

the attention to detail looked awesome, pm me and let me know what you think - :thumbup:

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

The FedEX dude actually apologized because it was a couple days late. The shipping label left off the company name and suite number so he had to research it. It was correct on the packing list from Top Saddlery though.

I'll try and get some good pics tonight. Can't wait for a nice long ride now!

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Can't wait for a nice long ride now![/QUOTE]

Ya, up here so I can park my skinny but on it for a "lighter" review:rolleyes:

Can't wait to see it Eric. Enjoy.:thumbup: