WHICH PUB? With Pics!!!!

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I actually met Mel Jurd as im sure so has Disco. I asked old Mel what went into his famous Jungle Juice. He said its a mix of all the crap you wouldn't usually drink at the pub. Port, Sherry etc He told me it was filthy stuff. Funny old bugger.

Not just met, knew him personally.

Only time I ever touched the Jungle J is when I worked for the pub @ the Cessnock Races Jungle Juice Cup Day. Let's just say it doesn't agree with me, which is strange considering my Irish heratige and penchant for booze.

Anyway, more good pubs. Haven't been there since mid 90's, but Queens Wharf Brewery on Newcastle foreshore was a favourite place. Was unreal to drink pints out on the wharf on a hot summers afternoon :thumbup:

Wonder if its still there?????

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Only time I ever touched the Jungle J is when I worked for the pub @ the Cessnock Races Jungle Juice Cup Day. Let's just say it doesn't agree with me, which is strange considering my Irish heratige and penchant for booze.

Anyway, more good pubs. Haven't been there since mid 90's, but Queens Wharf Brewery on Newcastle foreshore was a favourite place. Was unreal to drink pints out on the wharf on a hot summers afternoon :thumbup:

Yep the Queens Wharf Brewery is still there according to my sources :D..... As for the Jungle Juice , i love it :drool: :drool: which funnily enough is usually how it leaves me resting :drool:ing :BLAA:.... It certainly is a kicker :thumbup: , just like Timbertown's Old Grannies Muscat :D

Rumpole of the Bailey

Reaction score
Visit site
Could almost put this up as a permanent thread in the Aussie section aye?
Yeah good idea for a thread and drink responsibly!!!
I don't think any of the Aussie readers would be drinking and riding? What with cops, wombats, kangaroos and pot holes, there is enough on our plates.

But it is an Aussie thread!!!
Now for my new chain poll......
Cheers. who called me Rumps!!!!
Peter

Rumpole of the Bailey

Reaction score
Visit site
Golden Age Hotel at Omeo.
Cheap roasts, beer and grog seemed passable for the punters there and......
twisties yeah twisties.

A note to non-Aussies hijacking me thread in the Aussie section.
Down Under some of the bros ride and drink beer.

Fond memories of me at 15 years and Dad in our old 350 Fairlane with a cabin cruiser on the back, calling in at a coutry hotel for some weekend take aways about 10pm one Friday night.
Imagine my surprise when 40 Hells Angels from Melb turned up, heading to the beach and the same idea of take aways.

Some had a dozen tall bottles of VB on the tanks of their shovels.
One gentleman couldn't get his sled kicked over when the old man was heading out of the bottlo. Too easy. Dad got him off the bike. Had the Angel hold his brewskies and fiddled with the choke, 2 kicks and she was roaring with both ears up and ready to go!!!

Dad had always ridden Harleys.

Cheers blokes

picture.php

picture.php

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site

The Brewery is still there mate. I live 10 minutes from there. Ive traveled far & wide, tasted some great beers & enjoyed some fantastic settings.

I will always rate the Brewery as the best pub ive ever been to. I don't get out all that much these days but you just can't beat the Brewery on a Saturday or Sunday arvo.
Sitting on the wharf, sun setting over the water, band blaring away, pint in hand & a plethora of specimens from the opposite sex just come from the beach, wearing as little as possible.
God I love being a Novacastrian :thumbup:

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, it's an Aussie tradition to stop and have a BEER at some sort of a half way point in a group social ride!

I Guess some of us have the same tradition in England :thumbup: :D

This is my local,The Kings Arms Hotel.
Doesn't look much from the outside,but go through the arch (It used to be a coach house back in the 17/1800's) And there is a fantastic garden,loads of parking and the staff are fantastic.Cheap Beer and Fit birds behind the Jump too!

There's a mix of City boys in their Suits and Builders with their arse's on show and everyone just has a beer and a laugh together.

1164669.jpg