Where To First?

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well in about 2 weeks I'm gonna hit the road,in the Eagle 5 Motorhome,what 3 places in America should I see first? I want to know what you guy's think,and hear stories of your experiances and what I should and should not do and or bring........ whatever knowledge You all can provide will be Greatly appreciated!! :rockon: :rockon: :thumbup: OH YEA I'M IN EAST TEXAS theres the starting point.... I've never been further than Dallas going West....

Last edited:

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow Donny, you have an open canvas to work with! If it were me, mountains, lots of mountains.

Have a safe trip and keep us posted with your destinations!

wrlomas

Reaction score
Visit site
Durango to Silverton on Colorado 550, Moab, Zion, Bryce and everything in between. Then west to Santa rosa and I'll show ya the coast. A quiet genset, a sattelite dish, a small bbq, good coffee and a camera should be in the rig.I use a guitar pick at big intersections, flip it and let it be the pick of destiny with directions. Find the local fairgrounds, they let ya camp free in alot of places.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How about some mountains. Maybe Colorado.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow Donny, you have an open canvas to work with! If it were me, mountains, lots of mountains.

Have a safe trip and keep us posted with your destinations!

Great minds...:BLAA:

Durango to Silverton on Colorado 550, Moab, Zion, Bryce and everything in between. Then west to Santa rosa and I'll show ya the coast. A quiet genset, a sattelite dish, a small bbq, good coffee and a camera should be in the rig.I use a guitar pick at big intersections, flip it and let it be the pick of destiny with directions. Find the local fairgrounds, they let ya camp free in alot of places.
LMAO.. TO THE MOUNTAINS IT IS THEN ! I was thinking mountains myself as the first destination,and just keep heading through the cooler mid-America climate until I hit the west coast... sound's good to me!! :rockon: :rockon:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The Grand Canyon it just south of Colorado, it's an amazing place too.

Have fun on the trip! :thumbup:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Where should I go for the best Summer climate? I can't take anymore of the over 100 degree days it allmost killed me last year!! :spank:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yea I was wanting to see that,but it aint it in the Desert?

Yes it is but the climate there is odd. On the north rim it can be chilly, and at the same time it can be hot at the bottom of the canyon. And the sheer size of it will blow you away. There is nothing to compare it to. The scale is beyond human.

If you are leaving in two weeks the weather may still be pretty good.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes it is but the climate there is odd. On the north rim it can be chilly, and at the same time it can be hot at the bottom of the canyon. And the sheer size of it will blow you away. There is nothing to compare it to. The scale is beyond human.

If you are leaving in two weeks the weather may still be pretty good.

Ok then I just did not want to break down in the severe heat,I want to go to a cooler climate for the Summer,but if I can see thing's this Awesome along the way the detour will be worth it i'm fixing to check out my route.. :rockon: :thumbup: :thumbup:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I live in South Africa and I've been to LA :)

I've always wanted to explore the US but that is in the hands of the Lotto gods.... :Flip:
LOL nah...... You don't need Luck, I have figured out if you can live with less stuff,you can do ALOT more with your money and free time! and being a mechanic I don't have but maybe an 1/8th of what average Joe has to pay in repair's and maintenance... i have basically spent my life training for this type of exploring without even knowing it!! LOL :rockon: :rockon: :Flash:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How about some mountains. Maybe Colorado.

If it were me, mountains, lots of mountains.

Call me when you get here! :thumbup:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I really like the pick idea!!
just let it be and go with the flow,i'm starting to get it! :BLAA: It has not been easy for me i'm a planner and like to know where i'm going..... It suck's!! I want to be free of worry and just enjoy life for what it is.I think this new lifestyle is going to do that for me. :rockon: :Flash:

UHcougarJohn

Reaction score
Visit site
Arizona in the fall is nice, its not to hot and its not cold yet. Go north from from Phoenix through Flag Staff Arriving at the Grand Canyon. Last time I made this trip was late September early October 3 years ago and the weather was great.

Living in east Texas you'll be amaized driving through the desert up into the mountains. Lots of cool places to see and camp along the way.

Don't forget to pack your fz!

Sent from my Droid via Tapatalk.

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Arizona in the fall is nice, its not to hot and its not cold yet. Go north from from Phoenix through Flag Staff Arriving at the Grand Canyon. Last time I made this trip was late September early October 3 years ago and the weather was great.

Living in east Texas you'll be amaized driving through the desert up into the mountains. Lots of cool places to see and camp along the way.

Don't forget to pack your fz!

Sent from my Droid via Tapatalk.
LOL when we moved here I was 11 years old and I kept waiting to start seeing Catus and Desert !! :BLAA: I was a victim of Hollywood !! :BLAA:
:rockon: :thumbup: I thought all of Texas looked like it did in a John Wayne movie....