Where to check coolant level on a fully faired FZ6 S2

FZ6AH

08 Yamaha fz6 s2 Newbie!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

Can someone tell me where the coolant check window is on a fully faired fz6 s2? Ive checked the the manual but this only shows it in on a naked bike.

Do i need to take the fairing off to view the coolant level window?

Thanks in advance

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

Can someone tell me where the coolant check window is on a fully faired fz6 s2? Ive checked the the manual but this only shows it in on a naked bike.

Do i need to take the fairing off to view the coolant level window?

Thanks in advance

You mentioned "Fully faired".. Perhaps someone added side fairings...(not stock)

The overflow coolant tank is just behind the header, right side(see below pic).

You have to look close but the lines on the plastic tank are located inbetween the black steel bracket that secures the overflow tank. Fill inbetween the lines after removing the cap

The radiator cap (2nd pic) is on the right side with a locking (bolt and odd nut) should you do a change (just below the lower mid section of the front fairing).

Heres aa link for free owners manual downloads: http://www.bonemanfz6.com/mods.htm#manuals

You can download another maunal to find info your may not address...:thumbup:

BTW, double click the image to enlarge it..

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks as though i have some after market fairings on my bike which will need to be removed in order for me to gain access to the coolant level check window

View attachment 52197

Hard to tell from that angle but it does appear to have aftermarket fairings added on.

You may be able to see the level peeking thru the fairing now that you know where the coolant tank is.. :thumbup:

hamousher

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, I don't know if your bike is similar to mine. I have a Yamaha lower fairing which does make it difficult to see the coolant level, also on my bike its not easy to actually see the level in the window. (several times when checking I thought it was well near the upper limit) What I now do is to remove the rubber cap and dip the reservoir.