Where is the crankcase breather tube

jsalman93

Reaction score
Visit site
Wondering where the crankcase breather tube would be on my '06 fz6. The service manual isn't really specific about where it is or where to drain it. My last bike was a honda vlx 600 and i remember having to regularly drain it every 15k miles or so.:confused:

Sorry if it's a pretty noob question

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I've never herd of anyone having to drain it in a fz6 but it is routed to the back, I wanna say right side of the airbox. It's a 3/8 hose the only 3/8 hose there if I'm not mistaken. It's been a while since I've had my tank up though and I've been wrong before lol

jsalman93

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll try to look for it next time I'm working on mine. Idk, because i remember the vlx had the tube and it would get water and unburned feul and oil in it and you would get rid of it that way. Maybe it was CA spec or something like that.

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like it connects on the left side (turn signal switch side) on top of head but their should be one on the crank case also ( all cars have pcv from head or valve cover and second from the crank case)

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
service manual (3-16) shows it at the back and middle of the airbox. It simply says to check the hose isn't loose and that there's no damage to the rubber.

Never heard of anybody having problems with it, or having to do routine maintenance

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Its the long tube on the far right. . .

picture.php

unless you sink your bike, there should be no need to drain it. It Connects to the underside of the air box as mentioned early.

jsalman93

Reaction score
Visit site
haha alright. Yeah i went over my airbox and it said the same thing, to check it and make sure that it isn't loose or broken.

Idk why the honda would have you drain it so much, maybe being a carb'ed v twin had something to do with it. Gotta love that fuel injection :)