Where is the best place for a vid camera

JONJONsocal

UNKNOWN HOON
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, I have been having trouble finding a good spot for my contour video camera. I couldn't stand it on my helmet anymore.. Where do you guys and girls have you cameras mounted.. thanks for the info.

I've tried handle bar - Too shakie
Helmet - don't like

Jon

:thumbup:

2nd childhood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
On a track day we went to, my nephew put his (he has a Ducati 858 evo) on both his fairing (so-so results) and his gas tank (better, except it was raining and his windshield kept it from having a clear view).

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
side of the swingarm (close to rear axle) either facing forward or back

frame - right above the frame slider

dsc

Reaction score
Visit site
I strap my Roam to the front left blinker arm (stock, not flush mount). Fits perfectly. Gets pretty good shot of road ahead, but the view to the immediate right is blocked a bit by the bike.

JONJONsocal

UNKNOWN HOON
Reaction score
Visit site
The best place for a video camera, hands down, would have to be the playboy mansion.
hahahaha.. Yeah, your right.. I've been there. :rockon:

Could resist.:rockon:

side of the swingarm (close to rear axle) either facing forward or back

frame - right above the frame slider
Ill try it today..

Thanks

I looked for it... I knew there was a good thread about it. Thanks for the link..

I strap my Roam to the front left blinker arm (stock, not flush mount). Fits perfectly. Gets pretty good shot of road ahead, but the view to the immediate right is blocked a bit by the bike.

Ill try it, thanks..

Jon

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I put my Contour, via suction cup mount, beside the mirror stalk, and attach a loose tie to same.

That way, if the suction fails, the camera is still tethered.

Mind you, I have an S1 FZ6, so stick it on the corner of the screen - the S2 screen doesn't go as far.....

Cheers,
Rick

Fishwiz4

Reaction score
Visit site
I used a ram mount made for handlebars and attached it on my left bar on the party that rises up. The camera rides just to the left of my Speedo.

I find that there is very little shake. If I was on my computer I could share some examples.

I like being able to turn the camera on and off easily while riding. The swingarm sounds cool, but you have to stop and get off the bike to start or stop recording.

Finding a mount is half the fun!

Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx HD

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
i did the bar mount that SANGERA2 came up with. it sits across the top fairing bolts behind the screen. im happy with the video quality, and your cam should stay pretty dry as well.

the bar mod is a $15 (copper pipe + spray paint) mod and if you have access to a vice, hammer and drill, takes about 3 hours. mostly waiting for paint to dry.

note - if you have painted your screen, this wont work. also you will need a handlebar mount of some sort, if you dont already have one.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My favorite places are the frame above the frame slider like someone mentioned, or a gas cap mount. Both are more stable for me than other positions I tried (suction cup mount and handlebar mount).

For the frame mount, the stock front turn signal was in the way so I had to go with a flush mount to get it out of the field of view.

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
I tried a couple of different places last week.

Rear mounted, front facing.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=celvUCSUBoY]rear cam front facing - YouTube[/ame]
I reckon it should of been a bit wider out, maybe on the pillion grips (though more chance of catching it on something) or on the swing arm.

This is mount on my R&G crash bung, with the camera below it.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWhORlF0Y2w]Under R&G crash bung test - YouTube[/ame]
I like this view.

(best watched in 720)

JONJONsocal

UNKNOWN HOON
Reaction score
Visit site
I tried a couple of different places last week.

Rear mounted, front facing.

I reckon it should of been a bit wider out, maybe on the pillion grips (though more chance of catching it on something) or on the swing arm.

This is mount on my R&G crash bung, with the camera below it.

I like this view.

(best watched in 720)

Nice view.. I ended up mounting it under the headlights, I like it. Ill upload some pics when I get home..

Thanks

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
I had it between the headlights last year
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QaF898dkOo]furka pt 2 - YouTube[/ame]
But it suffered interference.

Last year was a GoPro hero 2, this year I had a Contour Roam 2.