Where did you find your bike??

Where did you find your bike?

• Total voters

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
Just wondering how people came across their bikes.... first poll so we'll see if i do it right :spank:

Edit: i failed.... can't edit poll or i'm not bright enough to figure it out.... so i guess other gets an advantage with dealership people :spank:

Last edited:
I voted "other" because the most conventional way, walking into a bike shop, isn't on the list.

I went to my local Yamaha dealer to buy an XJR1300 and my wife saw the Fazer. I had never seen one before and decided that after 20 years without riding it was a more sensible buy than the XJR.

I voted "other" because the most conventional way, walking into a bike shop, isn't on the list.

I went to my local Yamaha dealer to buy an XJR1300 and my wife saw the Fazer. I had never seen one before and decided that after 20 years without riding it was a more sensible buy than the XJR.

Knew i'd eff it up :spank: lol... meant to put dealership on there tooo....oh the woes of late night posting

I voted other...bought one of my fizzers from a stealership, the other from Yamaha Racing Team Australia!

:thumbup:

Found my bike at a stealership while looking at a Triumph TT600 , dealer said he could do a run-out price on a new FZ6 that would match the TT600 , I looked the FZ6 over , fell in love with her styling & the rest is history :D

Still really really really want a TT600 though ;) would be awesome as a weekend warrior :thumbup:

tt60004.jpg

Went for a bike lesson in Joondalup, walked across the road to the Yamaha dealership and there she was :blowkiss: Fell in love with her. Went home and decided my CBF250 just wasn't going to cut it. Told Mike I saw this beautiful white bike with a red stripe down the tank.

Couple of weeks later, after sitting and passing my test, went back and she was still there. Bought her on the spot :rockon: :cheer: :D

A friend pointed me the way to a website his father-in-law works at. I saw the price, called and bought it new. . .3 yrs old.

Walked into the dealership looking to buy a new in crate 06 Katana. They swore it was still there and then when I got there someone had put some money down on it. Walked out the door disgusted, and noticed the FZ6 sitting out front.

The dealer asked me if I wanted the FZ6. I said, "If you can do it for the same out-the-door price as the Katana, yes."

That Katana is still sitting at the dealer.

To be honest I don't even remember now how I decided I wanted Yamaha, but I knew that's what I wanted -- so I went to a dealer that carried Yamaha, saw the FZ1 and wanted it.

After I saw the price, and found out it was a liter bike (yeah, I literally knew nothing about bikes when I was looking for mine), I decided to get the FZ6 instead.

So basically - I walked into a dealership and walked out with a bike.

Still in the crate out back of the stealer. When i walked in and inquired about an FZ6 I didn't just get a blank look for from the sales woman, she flat out had no idea what I was talking about (and that was supposed to be her specialty). After getting her to look through the invoices she says I think we have one..........out back.........still in the shipping crate. So I walked back there with her and I found it :rockon:. Picked it up the next day, paid for. The sales woman says I've never seen one of those before. :eek: I was thinking "your a freakin Yamaha dealer and you don't know whats available? WTF" But hey I got my bike with 0.1mi on the clock:Flash:

After lurking in the FZ6 forum for a bit, I purchased my '09 brand new in '10 thru a dealership. Bike was sitting in a dealerships warehouse the whole time.
One of the best purchases I have ever made! :thumbup:

Drove 3 hours to get mine that I found on Craigslist. Get back home and the next day a bike of same year, miles, and color was listed within 10 miles.:banghead:

I was at a dealership(kawi-yama) on a parts run for work, while waiting, I asked if they had the new versys.....I was told they dont carry suzuki!:eek: Anyways, I was shown the fz and the rest is history in the making.:rockon:

I was shopping for a small sport tourer to replace my VFR.. I found my bike on Craigslist, set up EXACTLY the way I wanted it.. (except I really wanted a red one) It had the full Givi bag set up, heated grips, and was toured by a nice lady a couple hours from me, and maintained by her boyfriend who was a stickler for good maintenance. I took it for a quick test ride, put money down, and drove over the next night and loaded it in my truck..

Been a great bike!! And the price was pretty much what other used FZ6's were going for without all the goodies that were included with this one!!

I was on my second cruiser, a '98 Honda Aero 1100 and wanted something different. I saw a guy on CL had the '06 FZ6 looking to trade it. I rode over and gave him my bike plus $500 for his. Cosmetically it is rough - rusty hardware, chemical stains on the cluster, etc. but I figured I was new to this style, so what the hell. I thought it was a very fair trade. My '98 had about 25k on the the clock and was pretty much spotless. His '06 was a little beat with around 23k, but seemed to run fine.

Best motorcycle move I've made.

Joe

2 1/2 hr drive to pick up a (fast) blue 06' i found on Craigslist. I got the guy to come down $400 and throw in his First Gear heated pants/jacket/gloves (listed on same ad for $300) and had him fill it up before I paid :) I took $$ for his asking price though cause I wasn't leaving without it (unless it was misrepresented in the ad) 5k miles in perfect condition.

dad was a dealer for 10 years. Made many friends with local dealers. that eneded in 2007. Called one in April 2008, and asked if they had one. He did, told him I would make sure thats what I wanted. Waited a lil too long and it was sold. He went to a another dealer and got me one.

I sat on lots of bikes at several stealerships, almost buying new Ninja with cosmetic damage from test drive. They wouldn't drop the price as much as I thought AND I kept sitting on bikes just seeing how they fit. Slowly it came to me that every time I befriended the FZ it fit. Almost bought new 09 but then a C/L add had the 08 Raven w/3000 miles. It was two hours away and I got there and it was 4,188 miles! Errrrrr. . . I picked it up the next weekend after very short rain ride.

Back