Wheelie calls?

ticktock

Reaction score
Visit site
I know this might sound odd, but lately when riding around on my FZ6 I've had more than a few people pop out of truck/car windows and make motions with their hands for me to wheelie. Same goes for people on the side of the road.

I used to ride a Triumph Bonneville and never, ever saw this. Are people here just idiots or do you guys get this too?

My first step into the "sport" bike area has been great but weird when interacting with people. I've also noticed most Harley riders don't "wave" anymore.

Oh well.

-Nick

Get them all the time, I just give a nod and carry on. Less than 5 seconds they will forget they even gave you the gesture anyway, unless you ride same speed next to the vehicle.

Yeah I got that a few times. Felt like a clown just imagining myself doing that in traffic.

I could probably show them how a bad power wheelie is done though :rof:

I didn't have that happen on my FZ6, but its happened a number of times on my FZ1. I'm not going to blame that on the bike, I'm just going to blame that on the places I've been.

I just look at them and go back about my normal business.

Yeah I got that a few times. Felt like a clown just imagining myself doing that in traffic.

I could probably show them how a bad power wheelie is done though :rof:
^Agreed

I have a feeling I would do a great job making a fool out of myself.

My first step into the "sport" bike area has been great but weird when interacting with people. I've also noticed most Harley riders don't "wave" anymore.

Oh well.

Harley guys don't wave because they now you have more money than they do and aren't dressed up like its halloween!:eek:

Oh well.

Harley guys don't wave because they now you have more money than they do and aren't dressed up like its halloween!:eek:

HAHAHAHHAHA

I don't know how / have the guts to do it.... yet :BLAA:

After I got the bike, I did get tempted to try a wheelie because a little boy stuck his head out of his moms station wagon and gave me the wheelie sign. I did a decent wheelie, but I squashed my jumblies on the way back down on the tank and had to pull over and hold a cold bottle in my lap for a while, so I just don't give in to the temptation anymore.:thumbup:

Yeah, have the same here. It is totally up to you though, keep in mind that a wheelie will:

1) Stress the frame
2) Stress the engine mountings
3) Wear clutch and chain faster
4) Wear suspension springs and valves quicker

Risk does not always = Return

Yeah, have the same here. It is totally up to you though, keep in mind that a wheelie will:

1) Stress the frame
2) Stress the engine mountings
3) Wear clutch and chain faster
4) Wear suspension springs and valves quicker

Risk does not always = Return

5) head bearings too....

Got my bike for a steal ($2K) when the PO dropped it wheelieing it..

Since I never rode dirt bikes, I'd like to practice wheelies someplace first. But I never get around to looking for one. In Florida it's an automatic $2k fine if either wheel leaves the road, so most people don't ask here anymore. And you don't see many here. Probably because we have a no chase policy, and so it's cheaper to just blow by at 130mph.

Thanks for the feedback.

I have no desire to ever get either wheel off of the ground. Going from a super tame bike to the FZ6 has been enough fun for me already. Can't believe how fast this thing is at high RPMs.

-Nick

It's just like anything else. If you are in a sports car, people want you to do a burnout. They don't realize those tires cost a lot and it's not worth your time to waste the rubber. Same with a sport bike. Most have no idea that wear and tear risk is greater than the coolness points earned.

I disagree, the wheelie is a great feeling, even alone in a parking lot - I love it. Its part of why I have the bike. I don't bring it up everywhere like a squid, but in the right conditions, wheelies are magical.

I laugh when people want me to do one. It normally happens in busy traffic...where am I going to do a wheelie to? The car fifteen feet in front of me?
I personally find a power wheel lift coming hard out of a turn is way more fun.

I get that all the time. I do the same gesture back at them every time...

look at them, make a gun with your hand, put it to your head, and pull the "trigger".

I figure if they are suggesting I do something that could kill me, they would appreciate if I do the same. Somehow people don't find it amusing...

I normally wont wheelie on command, unless the commander offers to pay for my legal fees, medical bills, gas, tires, breaks, and gear. But when I, the commander, (who does pay for all the items listed above) feel like getting up on one, i do it. its fun:BLAA:

Last edited:
Back