wheel stripe help

penguinbiker8

stuntin like my daddy
Reaction score
Visit site
so i put on some pinstriping around my rim a while back. and now ive just grown out of it. i dont care for it anymore. that being said i tried to remove it but my attempts are futile. i tried scrubbing it with mineral water and a steel brush but nothing seems to work. maybe a hair dryer would help. anyone know any secrets/tips for me to remove the wheel stripE?

If its a sticker or decal then a heat gun might work, other wise there is a spray on product out there that can help remove it carried by most auto parts stores.

so i put on some pinstriping around my rim a while back. and now ive just grown out of it. i dont care for it anymore. that being said i tried to remove it but my attempts are futile. i tried scrubbing it with mineral water and a steel brush but nothing seems to work. maybe a hair dryer would help. anyone know any secrets/tips for me to remove the wheel stripE?

Goof-off works good as does the help of a hairdryer. Just remember, if you are married, be sure to put the wife's hairdryer back when finished thus staying out of some major dooo....

Not sure how persistent that glue is but I've always found that wd-40 works to get adhesive off. And unlike goo gone won't affect the paint. +1 on the patience, too.

I took off wheel stripes yesterday, used heat gun, a very small blade to pick up edges of sticker, tweasers to pull enough tape up to get a grip on with my fingers...and then i peeled them off very very slowly, they might break off every now and then, but you should get each stripe off with a about 4 or 5 gentle, slow peals.

be careful not to scratch your rims with the blade, i suggest a very blunt blade. Got 2 wheels done in about an hour...putting the new ones took longer!

Wd40 and a razor blade will do magic on most decals and stickers
dont know about wheel stripes... is it like a decal?

Wd40 and a razor blade will do magic on most decals and stickers
dont know about wheel stripes... is it like a decal?

Most wheel stripes are reflective, and that thin layer of relflective material is quite brittle (which makes it hard to peel), and also quite liquid proof once stuck on for a while, which makes it hard for solvents to penetrate into sticky layer.

Back