What would you have or what have you got?

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
My 250 is a great Cheap 2nd bike to go with my FZ6. Big on fun, and cheap on fuel and very low money to run.:thumbup:

i would also like to get into 250cc racing with a track only 08+ ninja. cheap race bike and with slicks, some extra oomph, and even less weight, the ZX-2 (as i would call it) would be fun as crap. but then it wouldnt be legal so...

mikesova

Reaction score
Visit site
2009 KLX250s

8112502462_1095ae3fe4_c.jpg

Different tool for a different job.

bdub24

Reaction score
Visit site
I am ready to step up from the from the fz6 this coming season and looking at the suzuki B-king...only problem is there are really none to be found. :(

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
to the op - as you can see everyone is different so as such no helped you decide!

that being said i d love a v twin as my second bike for put putting along and using it s torque. yamaha bulldog or mt01 spring to mind

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
Its awesome to see the variety! I would love to get into the dirt tracks with a little mud plugger. Used to have a XT660R which was fun but way to heavy. I do love the luck of the super ten but liek mentioned i think it would turn the fz6 into a second bike. I would shoot down the idea of a super sport. i have a couple of mods on my fz6 meaning it is packing simular to a standard super sport so no worries there.

It would have to be a huligan motox for the road or a off road adventure style, but there are way to many things to choose.

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
2009 KLX250s

Different tool for a different job.

:Im With Stupid:

My DR350SE
7197692276_e8d1a76372_z.jpg

The FZ6 is my commuting/distance/luggage/2up bike, the DR350SE is my around-town/hooligan/dirt-trails/winter-beater bike. It's still capable of 75mph highway rides though. It's a fun, cheap, and simple to work on second bike.

mikesova

Reaction score
Visit site
Hard choice and my taste can vary but one of the bikes I feel might suit me would be the new Suzuki Vstrom 650 Adventure. They've done some great changes (2012 and later) to this bike from the look to engine and suspension. I like it for it's economy and it would be good for some of the off road trails I'd like to ride as well as a great long distance touring bike.

2%20-%202012VStrom650%20Adventure2.jpg

Suzuki-V-Strom-650-ABS-Adventure_005.jpg

If you want to do offroad, I'd reccommend something vastly different than your Fz6, which the V-strom isn't.

mikesova

Reaction score
Visit site

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
After 5 years with the FZ6 as my only bike and now that I'm approaching my mid-30's...my back does not like long distance bike trips, but my mind does!

So I went with a cruiser. This happens to be one of the only American motorcycle manufacturers that can hang with the German and Jap made bikes for longevity.

2007 Victory Kingpin Tour.
KPsilver2.jpg

I got a steal on it last summer and do not regret it one bit. I can ride 2,000 miles in 3 days with zero physical pain as a result! Also for 2-up riding it's like she is not even there.

What surprised me the most...even with 1634 cc's of beastly V-twin and 750lbs of bike this thing gets 50-55 mpg in the mountains, 50 on the highway at 75mph! I could not believe it.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
I am ready to step up from the from the fz6 this coming season and looking at the suzuki B-king...only problem is there are really none to be found. :(

I've seen a few on CL in Phoenix lately, but yes a hard bike to find. Might want to jump on it, since they seem to be tough to find.

suzuki bking / hayabusa

2008 Suzuki B KING HAYABUSA

2008 Suzuki B King

If you want to pay for gas and lodging I'll ride it out to you. LOL, JK I wouldn't trust myself to do that for somebody just yet.

Last edited:

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Why would you want an NC700 to compliment your FZ6? They are both upright, middleweight bikes. The NC gets better mileage and has a little more storage, but pretty similar bikes, to me. It would be like complimenting your dodge neon with a chevy cavalier. ;)

I just saw I didn't update my bike info. The Fz6 got totaled back in December and I'm up on an Fz1 now. The Beast only gets between 25-31 mpg. Even when I'm trying to ride conservatively with no fun factor. I've sat on the NC700 and I would probably have to change the rearsets to something a little lower or at least more room for my legs but otherwise I think it would be a little easier riding around town/commuting because the body position isn't quite as far forward (I'm 6'4" and have a good reach but the Fz6 bars were a little low for me). Also on my Fz6 I had a lot of hand numbing problems from the buzzy inline 4 if I was on longer that 20 minutes. My understanding is the NC700 isn't quite as buzzy.

I love everything about my FZ1 because it fills what was left being desired by the Fz6, the only complaint is the fuel mileage(and it's colder because it doesn't have underseat exhaust but I think I'll be glad it doesn't in July in PHoenix).

bdub24

Reaction score
Visit site
I've seen a few on CL in Phoenix lately, but yes a hard bike to find. Might want to jump on it, since they seem to be tough to find.

suzuki bking / hayabusa

2008 Suzuki B KING HAYABUSA

2008 Suzuki B King

If you want to pay for gas and lodging I'll ride it out to you. LOL, JK I wouldn't trust myself to do that for somebody just yet.

haha, I have my eye on all of those it seems as though 700$~ for shipping is average estimate I just really wish some would pop up in my area. I found a really nice one for 5700~ in houston just not ready to jump yet.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
haha, I have my eye on all of those it seems as though 700$~ for shipping is average estimate I just really wish some would pop up in my area. I found a really nice one for 5700~ in houston just not ready to jump yet.

Check out uship.com as you can get bids from shippers to find the best price, but I think since you are crossing at least 2 times zones it will probably be in the $700 range. My first bike shipped from Maryland to AZ by Pitt/OHIO went for $575, my second bike came from Wisconsin by Barrett Shipping for $600. I think the guy that had his for sale due to a baby may cave on the price a little if he is getting closer to the kid showing up.

If you get close and need somebody to put eyes on the bike and get some good pics, I'll help out. I like riding around for any reason, let alone check out a motorcycle.

mikesova

Reaction score
Visit site

Fly and Ride. Then you just spent 700 on a mini vacation instead of shipping. :rockon:

mikesova

Reaction score
Visit site
I just saw I didn't update my bike info. The Fz6 got totaled back in December and I'm up on an Fz1 now. The Beast only gets between 25-31 mpg. Even when I'm trying to ride conservatively with no fun factor. I've sat on the NC700 and I would probably have to change the rearsets to something a little lower or at least more room for my legs but otherwise I think it would be a little easier riding around town/commuting because the body position isn't quite as far forward (I'm 6'4" and have a good reach but the Fz6 bars were a little low for me). Also on my Fz6 I had a lot of hand numbing problems from the buzzy inline 4 if I was on longer that 20 minutes. My understanding is the NC700 isn't quite as buzzy.

I love everything about my FZ1 because it fills what was left being desired by the Fz6, the only complaint is the fuel mileage(and it's colder because it doesn't have underseat exhaust but I think I'll be glad it doesn't in July in PHoenix).

I love the looks and the mpg numbers they are giving for the NC. The price is pretty good for a brand new bike, but I can't justify spending that much money on any 1 bike. Maybe someday.

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
I love the looks and the mpg numbers they are giving for the NC. The price is pretty good for a brand new bike, but I can't justify spending that much money on any 1 bike. Maybe someday.

I feel ya, I never buy any auto's/bikes new. If I ever do I wait until they are previous year models still on the lot and the price get's beat down to the same as a year old used bike. Typically if you wait 2-3 years you can get great used ones for sometimes half the price. I got my 2008 Fz6 with 7000 miles shipped to me for $3775. It was $1700 below book value at the time.

So wait till the end of 2013 or early 2014 for the NC700. I guarantee there will be some people that think they want to get into motorcycling that are sold these by the Honda dealer and then they will want out of motorcycling all together or they will want a better bike like the Fz6.

mikesova

Reaction score
Visit site
I feel ya, I never buy any auto's/bikes new. If I ever do I wait until they are previous year models still on the lot and the price get's beat down to the same as a year old used bike. Typically if you wait 2-3 years you can get great used ones for sometimes half the price. I got my 2008 Fz6 with 7000 miles shipped to me for $3775. It was $1700 below book value at the time.

So wait till the end of 2013 or early 2014 for the NC700. I guarantee there will be some people that think they want to get into motorcycling that are sold these by the Honda dealer and then they will want out of motorcycling all together or they will want a better bike like the Fz6.

Maybe there will be a lot of people who don't like the power. I know I would appreciate the power to MPG ratio that the NC sports. I know the FZ6 has gobs of power that I don't really need. I would be willing to knock off some horsepower if I was to receive some equivalently better MPG. :)

Rebuilt

EX Fazer still love em !
Reaction score
Visit site
Though i did love my old fzs 600 i now have a Honda Varedao 1000 ... its a beast but it will go some as-well as a long way ... think i always wanted a tourer as taller for me ( 6 " ) though.

OPtherwise i did consider a Triumph Tiger or a Yamaha Tenere :D

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe there will be a lot of people who don't like the power. I know I would appreciate the power to MPG ratio that the NC sports. I know the FZ6 has gobs of power that I don't really need. I would be willing to knock off some horsepower if I was to receive some equivalently better MPG. :)

there was a pretty good review on the bike on youtube by motorcycle.com. You could tell the guy was just holding back from saying anything bad about the Honda for it's lack of power (47 hp to 44 lb-ft). But it's a parallel twin cylinder that I've heard of people getting mileage in the 70s similar to the BMW G650GS (single cylinder) with the $1000 off the price tag in comparison. The trunk in place of the fuel cell is another feature it appears was stolen from BMW.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiLXTC8DzbA]2012 Honda NC700X Review - Big fun at a small price - YouTube[/ame]

So, this is why I would consider it for a town/commuting bike. I have my Fz1 for the days I need a thrill and the NC700x when I would want to be a reasonable human being. It gets old filling up the Fz1 every couple of days or 100 miles. But, I tell you what when I want to give the Fz1 a twist of the wrist and get pushed into the back of that seat while the throaty engine/exhaust note raises up all I can say is AWESOME.