What is the difference between a FZ6S and FZ6S2?

FZ6X

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

I was just wondering which are the main differences between this two bike models?

Thanks in advance for your help!! :thumbup:

FZ6X.

04-06 have a bigger fairing, a round instrument cluster, a lighter swing arm and different shape.

07-09 I think they are supposed to ride better, I'm not sure, since I don't have one:spank:

Anyone have any ideas as to how the same engine puts out two different power outputs and how the Standard version is restricted?

57 kW (77 PS) (76 HP) @ 11,500 rpm for Standard version,

72 kW (98 PS) (97HP) @ 12,000 rpm for S2 version.

Is it tuning, filters, exhaust? Cause I am not sure if mine is an S2 or not but curious about how to get more out of it if I can.

Anyone have any ideas as to how the same engine puts out two different power outputs and how the Standard version is restricted?

57 kW (77 PS) (76 HP) @ 11,500 rpm for Standard version,

72 kW (98 PS) (97HP) @ 12,000 rpm for S2 version.

Is it tuning, filters, exhaust? Cause I am not sure if mine is an S2 or not but curious about how to get more out of it if I can.

I didn't think the earlier models were restricted.. You might be thinking of the FZ6R?
EDIT: I see where you found that.. hmmm..

All 2nd generation FZ6's (2004+) have the same horsepower rating....Engine has not changed at all, ecept for exhaust design, and if anything the 07+ FZ6's may have lost a little grunt, as they have 3 cat's, instead of just the one on the 04-06 FZ6's.

:thumbup:

Back