What is the best mod?

What is the best Mod?

• Total voters

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't notice this thread until now, either.
I've got 27,000 miles and 15 mods on my bike, and have yet to have anyone tell me I have a headlight out (haven't done that one). :confused:
My first two would be: frame sliders (saved me $$$ too, just once) and Grip Puppies (which haven't been mentioned yet, <$10).

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
Visit site
A little less rise and they don't sweep back at such a harsh angle as the fz6 bars. Us taller riders and a few others find them much more comfortable. There's a member on here that did before/after photos with a camera mounted on a tripod that really showed the difference well but I can't remember who it was

JimStl

Reaction score
Visit site
For me the best mod out there is the Windscreen.
It turned my bike from one that was unpleasant to ride at 70 mph on any type of longer trip, to one that is a joy to ride on longer highway trips.

I went with a Madstad screen and love it! :rockon:

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
Im thinking from a safety perspective, so I say Motogiro or BD43's duel headlight mod. But a close 2nd would be mirror extenders.
Because I knew exhaust would win the poll, I voted other and have to say the dual headlight mod.

1. Improves safety
  2. Completes look
  3. Eliminates repetitive comments from good citizens
  4. Is easy to install
  5. Doesn't break the bank
  6. +15whp :rolleyes:

There are cooler mods that do great things, but I don't think any can list all of the above.

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
a dual headlight.... in HID :D

Edit: the PROPER HID - with projectors, not the "scattering all over the place" HID lighbulbs stuck in the regular housing

Last edited:

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Rider Mod - I like getting better, losing weight and being able to do more with the bike as it is.

Second to that is Stomp Grip tank traction pads.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
FZ1 bar swap. Best mod I ever did, low cost, easy insallation, and no more back and wrist pain. :thumbup:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The best bang for buck mod if your a chubby has got to be weight loss.
Since losing 12kg I am much more nibble on the bike and more comfortable.

Nelly:thumbup:

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
I think the best mod has to do with the type of rider. The first thing I did to my bike was the naked conversion. Now, this gets ride of the wind protection so it's not for everyone. It makes highway rides a real pain. I noticed that the most voted option on the list is an exhaust, but this is the lowest mod on my list. I don't really like to draw unwanted attention when I open my bike up, so the only benefit there would be weight savings.

redballs

It's a small world
Reaction score
Visit site
R6 pads and rotors with the RCS brembo master cylinder is by far my favourite mod on my bike.

MattR302

Awesomeness, Inc.
Reaction score
Visit site
I noticed that the most voted option on the list is an exhaust, but this is the lowest mod on my list. I don't really like to draw unwanted attention when I open my bike up, so the only benefit there would be weight savings.

Same with me.

My favorite mods are ones that allow me to ride more, or more often.
My first mod was a Givi topcase, then Givi Saddlebags (ride more often - I can take the bike when otherwise I'd need to take my car).
Next mod was a DIY FZ6R handlebar (ride more - due to more comfortable wrist position).
I have some grip heaters which are on my list to do (ride more often - when its cold.)
When I do the grip heaters, I will be filling the bars with silicone RTV (ride more - more comfort due to less vibrations)
Other mods along these lines would be bar risers, aftermarket seat, etc.

ped

Reaction score
Visit site
My mods in order of best or most useful

-20w-30w fork oil with extra preload washers and/or new springs
-Ohlins shock
-galfer lines, ferodo pads and Motul RBF660 fluid
-sprockets with speedo tuner
-rearset setback plates and R6 rearsets
-VS02 naked kit (kinda sucks and I wouldn't do it again if I had to)

pipes, levers, etc are a waste IMO and I cannot believe anyone puts them on without addressing all the real stuff first.

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
I noticed that the most voted option on the list is an exhaust, but this is the lowest mod on my list. I don't really like to draw unwanted attention when I open my bike up, so the only benefit there would be weight savings.

I voted 'Exhaust' not for the sound, I'd actually like to kick the noise level down a notch. I voted Exhaust because of the improvements it gives to the power curve and the amount of vibration that just disappeared. There was a real 'hump' in the power curve @ 4500/5000 RPM. It was almost like having two bikes. Calm and collected below 5k, Bat out of hell above. At highway speeds in 6th, the bike is turning @ 5,500 RPM or so and would vibrate like heck. With both the Leo Vince and Scorpion exhausts, the power curve became linear and the buzz at 5k went away.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I went "other" too, I think Killernoodles clutch mod would have to be an even match for oso2k's rear set, set back plates, both mods do different things but add up to a nicer ride......
....hmmm this is a dangerous thread, too much to think about-what to do next?....hmmm

JeffD

Reaction score
Visit site
Lot of different riders of varying ages and styles, but for me, the 42YO "Sport-Tourer", I voted for changing the Bars. Went with the FZ1 bars and totally love them! Grip Puppies help as well.

Just behind that is the Top Sellerie Seat and BarBack Risers. The Givi racks & luggage were add-ons i guess, or Mods?? Either way, had to have them to travel :D

Now if I could just add some stiffness to that front Suspension without slowing Rebound & not changing the hardware... is it possible?

JeffD

Reaction score
Visit site
R6 pads and rotors with the RCS brembo master cylinder is by far my favourite mod on my bike.

Hey RedBalls, I just finished searching for this mod and only came up with a result from the FZ6FORUM.com posted by "RidersDiscount". Perhaps I need to change my search methods? I'm mostly interested in replacing the stock MC if possible. Will the Calipers & Rotors have to be changed accordingly? Or can you just replace the MC? Thank you sir, or anyone else for that matter! :D

redballs

It's a small world
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey RedBalls, I just finished searching for this mod and only came up with a result from the FZ6FORUM.com posted by "RidersDiscount". Perhaps I need to change my search methods? I'm mostly interested in replacing the stock MC if possible. Will the Calipers & Rotors have to be changed accordingly? Or can you just replace the MC? Thank you sir, or anyone else for that matter! :D

You should only need to replace the MC and reservoir.

Last edited: