What if?

C-bus Biker

Reaction score
Visit site
ALL CHARACTERS AND EVENTS IN THIS POST — EVEN THOSE BASED ON REAL PEOPLE — ARE ENTIRELY FICTIONAL.

What if your significant other accidentally backed over your FZ6... twice? The bike was not repairable and you had to go out and purchase a new one from the list of currently available 2010 models? Price matters as you are using your insurance money and you may have a few thousand stuffed under your mattress. What would you buy? Would you upgrade the displacement? Go sportier? Go to a cruiser? Go for a gas-sipping 250?

Me? I'd likely ride off on a Street Triple. Maybe a Kawa Z1000.

Last edited:

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i like the Z1000..but have heard 09-back were very underpowered the 10's are supposed to be awsome .

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We haven't had one available to the U.S. in several years. Good to know. It's a common opinion that you Europeans and Aussies get all the good stuff!

But we get all the crap cars, at least in specification ..and dont get me started on JDM cars

joshfz6.2008

Reaction score
Visit site
why not go to Ironpony and check out te new Aprillia....j/k my self i like the speed triple, a friend had the older z1000 and i thought the seat was very uncomfortable but don't know about the new ones

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
3 suggestions:
- The BMW F800ST, solid build, great mileage and manners, LOTS of accessories.
2009-BMW-F800STa.jpg

- The Triumph Street Triple R. This is a fantastic motorcycle in every sense, but you won't get much of a deal on one because of their popularity.
Triumph_STREET_TRIPLE_R_01_1440x900.jpg

- A leftover 2008 Suzuki B-King, if you like the way it looks. There are many of these just sitting in dealers showrooms, you can get one here in SoCal for $10,600 OTD
098191126.jpg

Chris

GO!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Visit site
ALL CHARACTERS AND EVENTS IN THIS POST — EVEN THOSE BASED ON REAL PEOPLE — ARE ENTIRELY FICTIONAL.

What if your significant other accidentally backed over your FZ6... twice? The bike was not repairable and you had to go out and purchase a new one from the list of currently available 2010 models? Price matters as you are using your insurance money and you may have a few thousand stuffed under your mattress. What would you buy? Would you upgrade the displacement? Go sportier? Go to a cruiser? Go for a gas-sipping 250?

Me? I'd likely ride off on a Street Triple. Maybe a Kawa Z1000.

Hmm.. That's a tough one. While the Street Triple R is a very nice bike, I think that I would probably go for something with a bigger engine. If I were to go naked and had the means, possibly a Ducati Streetfighter. If a sportsbike then I really don't know. I'm not sure if I would get a literbike, and if not I would get the gsx-r 750 (which as you can see was my bike of choice after the FZ6:D). However with the awesome reviews the new BMW s1000rr has been getting, it would definitely be worthy of consideration.

Edit: Kind of forgot that price matters in this case.. :p I've read that the new Fireblades go at a descent price, so maybe that one for a sportsbike..? I don't know what the different nakeds go for over there though.. However I believe it was MCN who stated that the Z1000 is the only Japanese naked to give the Italian super-nakeds a run for their money. Worth looking into? :)

Last edited:

C-bus Biker

Reaction score
Visit site
3 suggestions:
- The BMW F800ST, solid build, great mileage and manners, LOTS of accessories.
2009-BMW-F800STa.jpg

- The Triumph Street Triple R. This is a fantastic motorcycle in every sense, but you won't get much of a deal on one because of their popularity.
Triumph_STREET_TRIPLE_R_01_1440x900.jpg

- A leftover 2008 Suzuki B-King, if you like the way it looks. There are many of these just sitting in dealers showrooms, you can get one here in SoCal for $10,600 OTD
098191126.jpg

Actually, the local shop has two 2008 B-King leftovers. Selling for $9K each (before tax/title/etc... Before I rode off on the FZ6 in August, I was so tempted. I was scared off by the displacement even though I know now that I shouldn't have been.

C-bus Biker

Reaction score
Visit site
why not go to Ironpony and check out te new Aprillia....j/k my self i like the speed triple, a friend had the older z1000 and i thought the seat was very uncomfortable but don't know about the new ones

I'm actually going to hit the Pony on Monday. I have a day off and the boys have school until noon. I like the Aprilias.

Last edited:

C-bus Biker

Reaction score
Visit site
Which one are you going to look at? The RSV4? :)

I'm actually going to pick up some riding pants. The thread is purely hypothetical. I'll stick with the FZ for a while. I don't know that I'd be up for the RSV4 though. I'd more likely be in the market for the Shiver as I use the bike as a commuter as opposed to a track-day toy.

rottenkid

Reaction score
Visit site
Striple-R, but then I'm biased, since I have a Daytona. If you don't mind me asking, but what type of pants are you looking at? I'm trying to find some myself.

nextfriday

Reaction score
Visit site
if i had to choose between the two you mention, i'd probably go with the triumph. Triumph, to me, speaks quality. If you want more umph go with their speed triple. I've seen it in person, unfortunately didnt ride it, it so choice! Accessories galore and there's nothing like it on the road. Or wait to see if yamaha brings us the fz8. Nothing kawasaki builds appeals to me. I like their innovation, but the build quality just isnt there in my opninion.

C-bus Biker

Reaction score
Visit site
Striple-R, but then I'm biased, since I have a Daytona. If you don't mind me asking, but what type of pants are you looking at? I'm trying to find some myself.

I'm looking for some lightweight overpants for added protection. I think Tourmaster has some for around $120 or so. I dress anywhere from business casual to business formal everyday at work, so leathers aren't an option. I want to get the ones that zip up the legs, are easy to get in and out of, and have decent protective armor where it counts. I'll let you know what I find.

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
Twice??? Boy she really either didn't like the bike or your owning it did she?
(Better luck with your next ride)