What First mods?

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
OT: I got my belly pan and frame sliders first. I also painted my exhaust and passenger pegs to match the frame pretty soon after I got the bike.

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
How did the painted rearsets hold up after time? Would love a new set but so expensive.

Mine are holding up fairly well. They've chipped in a few places, but I attribute that to the fact that when I painted them, I had them too close together, so I got overspray on each one and other dust. I've just been touching them up for now until I decide to get them powdercoated or until I sand them down and respray them.

You can get them powdercoated for fairly cheap in most places, and that's the best option, but I'm cheap, so I just went with BBQ black spray paint. I might end up re-doing them in the future.

It took me a few tries to get the exhaust cover painted properly, but they came out awesome, and have not chipped or scratched yet.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd say frame-sliders (cheap, easy, and SO good if you have a drop, and being new with the bike is the most vulnerable time).
Then, Grip Puppies if you either are bothered by handlebar vibration, or have large hands (as in my case); SO much more comfortable.
After that, it's what YOU want. :cheer:

sleepymas

Reaction score
Visit site
i have had my bike for a little over a month. i did sliders, painted rearsets and radiator side shields black to match frame, took off hugger, trimmed fender then decided to build my own from pieces at home depot(took about an hour), and changed the bars to pro taper se dirt bars. for painting i did flat black then covered with clear coat so far no chipping. i have a spreadsheet going of mod ideas and i as i come up with money i do them. just a few ideas, have fun modding is awesome but can be a headache at times.:rockon:

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
FZ1 bars will give you a bit more of a sporty stance and I heard it puts less stess on the wrists. Someone who has already done that mod can chime in.

For frame sliders the term no cut comes from sliders that install onto bikes with full fairings which the FZ6 does not have so you need not care about no cut sliders. You will install 2 sliders one on each side. Popular choice sliders are motovation (sp?). I went with shogun sliders which seem pretty decent and all but I never road tested them. Try and stay away from cheapo no name ebay frame sliders

BlueRider461

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a new 09 FZ6 and did the fork & frame sliders, FE kit, new exhaust, bars, screen and grip puppies.

Would say the bars were a must really quick for me and went to the FZ1 bar then did the rizomas