• Laser

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • Scorpion

Votes: 22 11.1%

• Total voters

gomd3

Reaction score
Visit site
I actually am torned on this issue, I have stock right now, I like it cause it's quiet and you can still hear the high revving engine and get a sense of the power. I think it is a bit whinny, but tolerable, I love a more throaty sound but the problem is I usually come in late at night 1 or 2 in the morning and leave early around 7, I wouldn't wanna wake up the whole neighborhood so Im not sure which way to go. If I could get the laser system though i would throw all that care out the window cause that system is tits

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I actually am torned on this issue, I have stock right now, I like it cause it's quiet and you can still hear the high revving engine and get a sense of the power. I think it is a bit whinny, but tolerable, I love a more throaty sound but the problem is I usually come in late at night 1 or 2 in the morning and leave early around 7, I wouldn't wanna wake up the whole neighborhood so Im not sure which way to go. If I could get the laser system though i would throw all that care out the window cause that system is tits

That is why I got the Akrapovics, deeper sound however it meets TUV sound requirements so you won't p*ss the neighbors off. Then when you want to get loud, two 4mm bolts and you can pop the DB killers out in 30 seconds. It looks great, sounds great, easy to install (everything fits perfectly), it is every well made and is priced great at $675ish.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/2542-akrapovic-exhaust-install.html

Agente Especial

Red Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
07 FZ6 Stock for now... Stock forever...

I've had the FZ6 for just over a week and now a little over two hundred miles. I've always been a V-Twin / "Loud Pipes save lives" kinda guy, but I really enjoy the sound of the powerplant and it spewing RPM's from the FZ6.
This is my fifth bike, last was a cruiser. Realized how functional and eye catching that powder coating can be. For me, the bike will do 150MPH stock... Nuff said. My plan - Remove the ugly stock heat shield. Have it powder coated black (approx. $80) for distinction and to match the satin black theme of the bike. = Custom looks, no ear plugs, no loss in fuel efficiency and a grand in my pocket from what I saved on the pipes, filter upgrade and mapping. First reply/post, glad to be a part of the family and thanks in advance for the knowledge.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
With over 2000 FZ6 members here on this forum, looks like Nooj and I are the only members who have the Remus installed.

Last edited:

rider1a

Reaction score
Visit site
I Like the stock system. Quiet is my preferred mode.

+1 for me too :)

There is just enough sound at higher RPMs to keep me very happy. I don't want attention drawn to my bike tooling around in town. The other benefit of stock cans which are pretty quiet are:

1. Good fuel efficiency...going to aftermarket usually increased fuel consumption.
2. Extra noise w/cans scare deer more into running into the road from the sides. The stealth mode has helped this based on my riding experience in heavy deer country.
3. I tend to ride on the weekend, 400-500 miles so anything not quite can get obnoxious very quickly.
4. I like to respect general people's disdain for loud motorcycles.

Last edited:

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
07 FZ6 Stock for now... Stock forever...

I've had the FZ6 for just over a week and now a little over two hundred miles. I've always been a V-Twin / "Loud Pipes save lives" kinda guy, but I really enjoy the sound of the powerplant and it spewing RPM's from the FZ6.
This is my fifth bike, last was a cruiser. Realized how functional and eye catching that powder coating can be. For me, the bike will do 150MPH stock... Nuff said. My plan - Remove the ugly stock heat shield. Have it powder coated black (approx. $80) for distinction and to match the satin black theme of the bike. = Custom looks, no ear plugs, no loss in fuel efficiency and a grand in my pocket from what I saved on the pipes, filter upgrade and mapping. First reply/post, glad to be a part of the family and thanks in advance for the knowledge.

You can't powdercoat plastic, it melts in the 350+ degree baking process.

You can paint it black though, and it looks really nice when done right :)

Agente Especial

Red Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
:thumbup: You're exactly right Noodle.... The whole "plastic not conducting electricity" thing is a bit of a challenge for powdercoating. You get the idea of the look and durability though. I've got a mechanic buddy who says that Dupont makes a black satin paint w/ some type of powder addative and internal adhesive that is supposed to withstand higher temperatures. I believe its used in engine "overspray" applications and may do the trick. If it works out, I'll be sure to post pictures and include the product details. Thanks for the feedback. :thumbup:

frsight

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought the stainless Scorpion exhaust over a year ago for $399 and installed myself. It is LOUD, but sounds great even at idle. My poor man's Ferrari... The throttle response is smoother than it used to be also and it weighs much less than the stock exhaust. It still looks great after 4000 miles, no problems at all.

magnum

Reaction score
Visit site
I have had the lasers duals since 06. i love them. the look is close to stock, for an aftermarket, and the sound is not at to loud at all. they came with legal and sport inserts. with the "legal inserts in they are very close to stock sound level but the tone is much better. i have included the db info if anybody was wondering.