What do you want inscribed on your tombstone?

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
Well after having a moment where my life flashed before my eyes tonight. I would have to go with "Peace I'm out." or "That's it"

I lost control after hittings some gravel going only 15-20 mph in the twisties and almost went off a 100+ foot cliff/embankment. The gravel that was in the road (I didn't see it but felt it and we found the spot afterward) let the back end bust loose and when it grabbed again it stood me up aiming me at the white line. I almost successfuly got back on the road but the maybe foot wide shoulder grabbed the front end and pulled me off the road. Luckily a bush snagged the front end of the bike and brought it to a stop but it did flip me ass over tea kettle landing on my head then back probably from only 5mph at that point. Thank god for protective gear, my face shield probably stopped me from losing an eye in the mesquite bush and the helmet off course kept my brains inside my head.

It's kind of funny this was the first thing on the forum when I got home.

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
"Stranger, pause, as you pass by:
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be;
Prepare for DEATH and follow me."

Feeling a little morbid tonight..:rolleyes:

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't want a tombstone.

I want to have my body cremated. Have my ashes mixed with gun powder and put into fireworks.

I want the same fireworks used during my remembrance/memorial service.

Go out with a bang!

There's a buddhist story like this.

An old buddhist monk who was well known and respected in his community. He graciously accepted his meals when offerend, provided wise words at key times and was known for always wearing his robe, never changing it. He had always said that he wished to keep his robe on until his body was no more because it reminded him how temporary the flesh shell is that his spirit resided in. One day the monk finally passed away and the people soon realized they did not know his name nor where he had come from to notify his family. One villager had spoke up that he recalled the monk had said that his only wish was to keep his robe on until his body was no more from the traditional funeral pyre because it reminded him how temporary the flesh shell his spirit resided in before it transcended states. The elders decided he would be offered the normal funeraly pyre rights and they would not perform the traditional cleaning and preparation of the body by honoring his wish to place his body still wearing the robes he wore in this lifetime.

It was a great gathering of all those in the village who had their lives touched by the monk. Soon it was seen that not only every villager was there but many travellers had arrived from the region. Word had spread of the great monks passing and many wished to pay thier respect who had their lives impacted in some way by this penniless monk. Many amazing, heartfelt stories were shared and soon the mood had grown somber as the people realized at what a great loss was taking place by the loss of the monk. A village elder began to approach the funeral pyre in preparation of the final rite. As silence befell the village and mass of people a strange man stepped forward pulling out a scroll of paper. He said that the monk had met him in his travels and had given him the final words he wished to be said over his body not only 3 days before.

The man stepped to the funeral pyre and in the light of the torch meant to light the fire said, "dear friends, you have shown me the many beautiful faces of humanity, you have allowed me to see through the temporal nature of all things, do not weep for all things come from one and shall return to one, be joyous as I set forth on to my new journey as you shall carry my spirit with you, and I will never truly leave you."

At this the man stepped forward and lit the pyre. Slowly the flame began to build working its way up and dance about the monk in his robe. Suddenly with a roar the robe bust open and fireworks began to shoot high into the sky. All eyes were transfixed in the sky as the magical event beheld the mind of each one there. Soon the oohs and ahhs from the crowd grew into jubilant cheers. The fireworks came to a loud crescendo and the people where alive with joy. As the magnificent show ended, the eyes fell back down to the place where the monk had been but there was absolutely no signs of any remains. It's as if some strange magic had completely taken the last physical remains of the monk from the land.

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
There's a buddhist story like this.

An old buddhist monk who was well known and respected in his community. He graciously accepted his meals when offerend, provided wise words at key times and was known for always wearing his robe, never changing it. He had always said that he wished to keep his robe on until his body was no more because it reminded him how temporary the flesh shell is that his spirit resided in. One day the monk finally passed away and the people soon realized they did not know his name nor where he had come from to notify his family. One villager had spoke up that he recalled the monk had said that his only wish was to keep his robe on until his body was no more from the traditional funeral pyre because it reminded him how temporary the flesh shell his spirit resided in before it transcended states. The elders decided he would be offered the normal funeraly pyre rights and they would not perform the traditional cleaning and preparation of the body by honoring his wish to place his body still wearing the robes he wore in this lifetime.

It was a great gathering of all those in the village who had their lives touched by the monk. Soon it was seen that not only every villager was there but many travellers had arrived from the region. Word had spread of the great monks passing and many wished to pay thier respect who had their lives impacted in some way by this penniless monk. Many amazing, heartfelt stories were shared and soon the mood had grown somber as the people realized at what a great loss was taking place by the loss of the monk. A village elder began to approach the funeral pyre in preparation of the final rite. As silence befell the village and mass of people a strange man stepped forward pulling out a scroll of paper. He said that the monk had met him in his travels and had given him the final words he wished to be said over his body not only 3 days before.

The man stepped to the funeral pyre and in the light of the torch meant to light the fire said, "dear friends, you have shown me the many beautiful faces of humanity, you have allowed me to see through the temporal nature of all things, do not weep for all things come from one and shall return to one, be joyous as I set forth on to my new journey as you shall carry my spirit with you, and I will never truly leave you."

At this the man stepped forward and lit the pyre. Slowly the flame began to build working its way up and dance about the monk in his robe. Suddenly with a roar the robe bust open and fireworks began to shoot high into the sky. All eyes were transfixed in the sky as the magical event beheld the mind of each one there. Soon the oohs and ahhs from the crowd grew into jubilant cheers. The fireworks came to a loud crescendo and the people where alive with joy. As the magnificent show ended, the eyes fell back down to the place where the monk had been but there was absolutely no signs of any remains. It's as if some strange magic had completely taken the last physical remains of the monk from the land.

Great story.

I think that instead of mourning people we should be celebrating their life instead.

abraxas

Biker
Reaction score
www.thinkbike.co.za
What a strange topic, but ok here's my thoughts ...

I want my organs donated to my enemies [/jk]
No tombstone, no coffin, no viewing, no nothing. Dump me wherever cheapest. But i don't even want a funeral, stupid ideas those.

People spend far too much time on the dead, and not enough on the living.

To celebrate my death, go feed a hungry person. :thumbup:

KnuckleBallz

Reaction score
Visit site
I want a good funeral, but you're kind of a dick in this day and age if you get buried. Need the space for apartments! Greedy bastards...

Sycotic

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't want a funeral or anything. If people must get together, then tell stories of our adventures we had in life and play a lot of metal music.

blu04

Reaction score
Visit site
As for myself never really put much thought into, may just let the wife put whatever she wants, not like I will ever see it. My grandfather has a good on his. "Once I wasn't, Then I was, Now I ain't".

rumblestrip

Coffee Drinker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I've always been partial to this :D

Royal O'Reilly Tenenbaum (1932–2001) Died Tragically Rescuing His Family From The Wreckage Of A Destroyed Sinking Battleship

Seriously, though...I'm not sure I want a tombstone. I think a wake to bring my friends & family together, and cremation & ashes spread in sight of Appalachia would be OK by me. :thumbup: