What do you all do for a living?....

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
i'm a campus minister at the university of north carolina at chapel hill. i've been here for 6 years (or two national championships) and at this stage of the game can't imagine being anywhere else.

Kaz247

Reaction score
Visit site
I work in our local Leisure Centre,

I'm a Lifeguard, Swimming teacher, Pool Lifeguard Trainer Assessor, Rebound Therapy coach and Trampoline coach.

My soft spot is coaching Rebound it's an Adult session for people with disabilities. Another favourite group I take is a class of 16 year olds with behaviour problems and do my best to teach lifesaving and life support skills it's a challenge but rewarding. ( I still have a head ache from teaching them this morning )

My partner and I teach Hydrotherapy which again is very rewarding. Our service users consist of people who have had a stroke, head injuries, amputees, CP, Autism, hip and knee replacements. It amazing watching the progression of our service users through out the term. Job satisfaction at it's best.

Cheers

Kaz

Last edited:

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
I am a Data Architect at an Oil Services Company. I design databases.

My job is to make sure that what we design to support one particular application's view of their part world is close enough to another application's view of the same part of the world that they can use the same structure. Boom Problem Solved.

I recently learned something important. Every decision you make will piss at least 1 person off. If it didn't you have consensus and therefore no reason to make a decision.

smokenu

rubber side down
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
For the last 14 years I have been a Store Manager (full time baby sitter) for Reebok,Champs Sports, New Balance (best running shoes made),Gamestop and now PUMA.
and I'm also a husband and a father - there's times I work harder on my days off:D

For the last six months I have beem working on my very own business plan:thumbup: Filed the Fictitous Business name on Monday:thumbup:just need to lock down a location, on track to open hopefully in July.

Just tried of making other people rich!

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
For the last 14 years I have been a Store Manager (full time baby sitter) for Reebok,Champs Sports, New Balance (best running shoes made),Gamestop and now PUMA.
and I'm also a husband and a father - there's times I work harder on my days off:D

For the last six months I have beem working on my very own business plan:thumbup: Filed the Fictitous Business name on Monday:thumbup:just need to lock down a location, on track to open hopefully in July.

Just tried of making other people rich!

good luck with the new business! :thumbup::cheer:
let us know how it turns out!

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
I spent the last eight months working as a CAD drafter for a defense contractor. This involved very little actual drafting, and a lot of paper shuffling.

Yesterday was my last day there. On Tuesday I am going to start my new job, programming and running CNC mills and lathes for the Texas Department of Transportation.

Roads, not bombs.

I also have a second job as a teaching assistant at Austin Community College. I help teach the CAD/CAM class, mostly by helping students run their programs on the school's mill and lathe. I make sure that they don't crash the machines or lose fingers.

The teacher that I assist at ACC, he's also my new boss at TXDOT.

Fred

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I work for the South African distributor for GE Healthcare, as product manager for the clinical systems portfolio. I liaise with the manufacturer, train our staff and customers, do the occasional equipment installation and handle customer and staff queries.

In addition to that I am in charge of the company website which is still in the development stage.

In April I will be moving from this role after 12 years and starting a new direction with the same company as regional sales manager, hopefully a stepping stone to bigger and better things :)

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I work for the school systems department of technology. I am an "Electronics Technician". Basically we just go school to school (50+) and fix what ever problems they are having. Clean and repair LCD Projectors, Remove old TV's and overheads (anything thats outdated) Install Interactive Whiteboards (smart boards, the big "dry erase" boards that you can write on and it transfers to the computer). Pretty much anything that has power we install, troubleshoot, repair... yada yada.

Its a totally awesome job, its so rewarding. Sometimes you get the occasional b!tch teacher that doesnt understand why we cant provider her with 100% perfect technology that never breaks, but usually we get really nice, veerrry beautiful elementary school teachers, fresh out of college, that just love us for fixing their projector, or whatever. We get hugs, big smiles, "omg i love you's"... its awesome. The kids are great too, like clock work whenever we put a new projector in, since they are hung from the ceiling they are inverted. INEVITABLY one kid will always say "its upside down". like he is the only one in the class who noticed. And if its elementary kid, he exclaims it loudly. We always have to laugh.

Its a great job... plus working for the county school system we get off SOO MUCH. I get 3 weeks vacation, 12 days of sick, and 3 personal days a year. plus 10 paid holidays, and we get off every time it snows, so far I got a half day last friday, off mon, tue, wed, thur, and hopefully tomorrow, and with next mon being presidents day, im off for that too!! So i basically just got a free weeks vacation. lol

I love it!!

Juby

Reaction score
Visit site
Correctional Officer...3 years and counting

Eric

Two bros exhaust, Black racing windshield, fender eliminator, rear seat cover

06FZ6_IN

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a shift Electrical Engineer. I work in a control room for a company that monitors the security of the powergrid for 15 midwest states and the providence of Manitoba.

I've been doing it for two years, it can be fairly interesting. The downsides are it is a swing shift and my sleep schedule is never consistent. The upsides is because of all the extra hours in the shift 1 out of 6 weeks in the year I am schedule off. Looking to better utilize that this year to put some miles on the FZ6.

k1c

Reaction score
Visit site
Pimp. It aint what it used to be though.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtIOHw80dFg]YouTube - 3-6 Mafia Oscar Performance[/ame]

Damn bikes is ex-spensive dese days bro.

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Prototype R&D machinist use manual machines and CNC to complete the task.

Redesign parts so they'll actually work, try and teach the engineers about tolerances and how to use them:rolleyes:
Has its fun moments but hoping to retire in Aug., I'm tired of standing up all the time:D

Jerry

zigzagg321

blue is fastest...
Reaction score
Visit site
I am a paint touchup guy. I work for a landscaping company. I help a buddy of mine re-hab/repair rental houses.

Was a BMW tech for 10 years before the trio of jobs.

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I work in sales for a plumbers merchant .supposed to deal with customers all day,but found myself doing warehouse stuff latley cos im the only one with a fork lift licence plus im the only one in work that can lift the larger rediators an boilers( our company wont recruit a new warehouseman in this economic climate). i need a raise

Wes_cf

Reaction score
Visit site
Feild sevice engineer for Barloworld Handling NI. Sole Hyster forklift agent in Northern Ireland. Been doing it for nearly 10 years. Job has some great day's but can have some really lousey one's aswell. Being mobile means that i can get to see the country and keep note of the good biking roads.

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Feild sevice engineer for Barloworld Handling NI. Sole Hyster forklift agent in Northern Ireland. Been doing it for nearly 10 years. Job has some great day's but can have some really lousey one's aswell. Being mobile means that i can get to see the country and keep note of the good biking roads.

You probably do work for my parent company.. Grafton

EDIT: just noticed you said NI

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Project Manager in the Aerospace market... been doing that for 5 years now.

My other work is to troll the FZ6 forum...

My most important work is my kids :D