What comes with different exhausts?

tnerb93

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking into finally biting the bullet and getting an aftermarket exhaust
I can't really find much info on what actually comes with the different brands
I've been looking at either the two brothers or Leo Vince just wanting to know if the all come with the same package eg db killers, fender eliminator, de cat pipe ect?
Any info on all brands would be much appreciated

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome!

The Leo Vince comes with de-cat pipe, db killers, and all the mounting hardware you will need to replace the original exhaust. High quality kit, decent price, nice sound and it seems to keep any further fuel tuning to a minimum. I can recommend this kit.

The kit also comes with two metal discs that fit between the exhausts and the Y-pipe. There is no mention of them in the instructions. It is meant to meet noise regulation in Europe and helps with keeping the back pressure. Unfortunately the left side disc will vibrate and cause an unwanted metallic sound. You will need to find a way to stop it from vibrating or you can avoid to use them altogether if you do not need to meet strict noise regulation in Aussie, which most owners do. The two tiny discs reduce noise more than the db-killers.

ozgurakman

Özgür Akman
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome!

The Leo Vince comes with de-cat pipe, db killers, and all the mounting hardware you will need to replace the original exhaust. High quality kit, decent price, nice sound and it seems to keep any further fuel tuning to a minimum. I can recommend this kit.

The kit also comes with two metal discs that fit between the exhausts and the Y-pipe. There is no mention of them in the instructions. It is meant to meet noise regulation in Europe and helps with keeping the back pressure. Unfortunately the left side disc will vibrate and cause an unwanted metallic sound. You will need to find a way to stop it from vibrating or you can avoid to use them altogether if you do not need to meet strict noise regulation in Aussie, which most owners do. The two tiny discs reduce noise more than the db-killers.

I'm using leo's too, I machined same discs with dremel from 1.9 mm steel sheet. I adjusted new discs' diameter slightly bigger and tapped into exhaust so discs stays extremely stable.

IMG-20150710-WA0005[1].jpg

DSC_0935[1].jpg

DSC_0938[1].jpg

no funny sounds at all. Also I'm not using the db killers when discs in. it gives very sophisticated sound with this combination..

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm puzzled why one would buy a nice exhaust and cork it up with discs that are more restrictive than stock. Why not just keep the stock exhaust?

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
On the Leo Vince system - the discs I never installed. I agree totally with Hellgate they are not needed and do nothing to help sound or performance. The LV's work with the stock fender and the famous Larry Ebay aftermarket FE kit to reuse the stock directionals. Also I think the LV's with the db killers out are a little too rowdy sounding and even while wearing earplugs there is too much reverberation, so I keep db killers in almost all of the time and the sound is great. I have 5 years and 25k+ miles on mine and could not be happier with them. I am glad I didn't wait to get them. I got them my first season in 2010. If not for the LV's I would have gotten scorpions. The selling point on the LV';s is that the db killers are included and the cat elminate pipe reduces back pressure.

The_Paragon

Thats right, Paragon!
Reaction score
Visit site
I opted for the Akrapovic exhaust.

-Included everything needed for install, mounts, clamps fender hanger. I installed it with the stock rear fender.
- Has a small cone to insert where the new exhaust meets the stock cat pipe, I suppose to keep up back pressure a bit.
(I ran both with and without, didnt seem to make much difference on the butt dyno).
-Included db killers that hush it right down to stock sounding exhaust. I use them from time to time on longer trip.
Super easy to install or remove. Allows you to be loud when you want or quiet for the long trips.
-has a nice deep growl without the db killers in.

I have 25,000 miles on them over the past 2.5 summers, prior to that they were used by another forum member for an unknown amount of time/mileage. Theyre holding up well. Nothing rattles, vibrates or does anything weird.
Akrapovic's fit, finish, and quality is astounding. They really are some of the best quality aftermarket exhaust pipes you can buy (IMHO).

tnerb93

Reaction score
Visit site
On the Leo Vince system - the discs I never installed. I agree totally with Hellgate they are not needed and do nothing to help sound or performance. The LV's work with the stock fender and the famous Larry Ebay aftermarket FE kit to reuse the stock directionals. Also I think the LV's with the db killers out are a little too rowdy sounding and even while wearing earplugs there is too much reverberation, so I keep db killers in almost all of the time and the sound is great. I have 5 years and 25k+ miles on mine and could not be happier with them. I am glad I didn't wait to get them. I got them my first season in 2010. If not for the LV's I would have gotten scorpions. The selling point on the LV';s is that the db killers are included and the cat elminate pipe reduces back pressure.

Thanks for all the info guys
So the leos are nice and loud with out the db killers (I'm looking for a nice deep loud sound) but like that i have the option to quieten it down
How do they compare to the two brothers for sound?
I think ill opt for the leo vince just because what they come with and i can get them at a reasonable price here

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all the info guys
So the leos are nice and loud with out the db killers (I'm looking for a nice deep loud sound) but like that i have the option to quieten it down
How do they compare to the two brothers for sound?
I think ill opt for the leo vince just because what they come with and i can get them at a reasonable price here

I have heard a Fz6 with Two Brothers; the rumble is deeper. I have to admit the Two Brothers has a very nice sound. But that's not to say the Leo is bad.

I don't have a Two Brothers kit but I believe it doesn't come with cat delete but includes db-killers.

darth47

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the two brothers, the sound is awesome... It comes with FE kit but no DB killer inserts, those are purchased separately. When I was "researching" I narrowed my options to 2 brothers $ Leo Vince. I decided on the 2 brothers because of the sound and the looks.

I saw a Ducati Multistrada with SC Project exhaust... That was the meanest exhaust sound I ever heard! I don't know if they manufacture for the FZ6.

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
I can vouch for the Leo Vince as well, it's an awesome product. You can set it up pretty much exactly how it suits you. Without the DB killers it's pretty loud and mean sounding, with the DB killers it's a bit more civil.